“Fantastic B&B. Comfy Room, Great Breakfast.”
Review of Pillars House

Pillars House
Ranked #94 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Fantastic B&B. Comfy Room, Great Breakfast.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights recently on business. The owners are lovely people very friendly, and welcoming.
The room was very comfortable. Location is great. Breakfast was very good.

Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As soon as I entered the door of Pillars House, I was warmly welcomed by the owner Edna and her lovely dog Polo. Everybody there is very nice and friendly, and the guests are living there as if they belong to the family :)

I really like this Victorian style building. The kitchen/dining gives you such a "home" feeling. The bedroom is nice and clean. There's a little book shelf at the common area and you can always get one to read as bed-time stories.

Around Pillars House there's a very nice church. It was very nice to talk a walk in the church yard.

I tried to walk to the city centre. It was not as far away as I thought and the route was easy to follow (just walk along Leith Walk and at the end it's already the central area). I actually really enjoyed this walk because I have seen a lot more about Edinburgh than just the typical tourism places.

Would surely recommend to family and friends :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hearty_rainy_tea
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 1 night stay at Pillars house. The place was clean and comfortable. Edna and Maggie cooked a lovely breakfast and were great to chat with. The staff were extremely friendly and We sure felt welcomed! Would certainly recommend for a short stop.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catp4234
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Flew up to Edinburgh solo for an appointment which I was feeling anxious about. Received quick, friendly replies to my email enquiry and questions beforehand. Easy journey on the £7.50 airlink 100 (return) ticket, then No 16 short bus ride from George Street to Duke Street crossroads at Leith (ask the driver to call you). Maggie was really nice, welcoming, and helpful.
The room was traditional, the bathroom spotless. I'm not a good sleeper but the bed was comfortable and I slept well. Felt safe, there are secure entries to the building. I have back pain so was worried about stairs, asked, and a ground floor room was available. Eight steps to get into the building from street. Nice breakfast. Plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits and towels were provided. And a nice touch - a little bag of Edinburgh rock decorated with tartan ribbon and heather. Tesco a short walk away out the back way (facing Leith Links) at T junction of Wellington Place and Duke Street. Also out the back door, a sheltered smoking area with padded seating. Or walking further down Constitution Street about 250 ft a bar and grill.
Thanks Maggie and Nino, you are lovely people and work hard, making Pillars House a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just had a great weekend in Edinburgh,made even better by the guesthouse we stayed in,Maggie made us feel so welcome and couldn't do enough for us the rooms are very clean and tidy and reasonably priced and in a perfect location lovely cooked breakfast we highly recommend this BnB we would go here again no problem, thanks Maggie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Pillars House Hotel is very friendly and you feel immediately at home (or at least I did anyway!). The manageress was lovely and very chatty which is nice when you're travelling alone. I find in a lot of places that when you travel alone the staff are never sure how to treat you but I felt like I was visiting a long lost friend when i stayed here. The room was extremely comfortable and very good value for money. I was woken up in the morning by other guests moving around but that's to be expected in a hotel and it wasn't at an unreasonable time, I'd just had a particularly late night which was the whole reason for booking a hotel. Breakfast was good and there was a reasonable choice. Again the manageress chatted away to me like an old friend. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank suzy_148
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights for NYE 2013/14- I can't imagine staying anywhere else now after our brief visit, the staff are warm and welcoming, and really show that they care about you, the breakfast was beautiful and bedrooms clean and tidy. We are very thankful for your hospitality and highly recommend you as a fantastic b&b that is a well priced and in good location not too far from the city.

• Stayed December 2013