“Up there for best Thai food in Edinburgh”

Krua Khun Mae Thai Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 2,452 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We came here because it was near by to Dr Knoz's enigma and I wasn't expecting that much given it was hidden away down a close off Cockburn street. However the food was amazing and really rivals Chaophraya for quality but is a bit cheaper. Very generous portion sizes.

1  Thank Andy C
Write a reviewReviews (543)

Reviewed 8 November 2015

My husband and I had a lovely meal here. The tables are nicely spaced out and the atmosphere is cosy. The staff are attentive.
The food was excellent and portion sizes very good too. The wine was also reasonably priced. We would definitely return here again to sample the other choices on the menu. The pad Thai, Penang curry and garlic rice were delicious.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Unusual spot, not easy to get there with a pram but well worth it! They do have a high chair and the waitress was very helpful with my one year old. Starters were amazing but unfortunately they didn't have the Lamb for dish I wanted so I had the dish with beef which wasn't very nice but I think that was my fault. My mom had Pad Thai and it was amazing :-)
Would definitely return.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Excellent food choice with some unusual dishes. Pleasant surroundings and very handy just off the High Street (Royal Mile). However, unfriendly greeter/waiter which was very off-putting - seemed like that with all customers (no positive communication) - maybe he was having a bad day. Despite food I shall not return as lots of choice in this area.

1  Thank Norman P
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Pleasant restaurant not far from the mile. I eat a lot of Thai food and I have to say this was one of the best massaman curries I have eaten.