“A Very Nice B&B”
Review of 14 Hart Street

14 Hart Street
Ranked #3 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed at 14 Hart St for a long weekend at the tail end of the Edinburgh Festival. The room was very nice with a clean, new bathroom. It was very well located near great restaurants and pubs and just a short walk from Princes St. We liked being able to stop back to the room and enjoy some tea and cookies (or occasionally, complimentary whiskey and wine) after a long day of sight-seeing!

The owners were friendly and eager to provide recommendations. With an early flight on our last day and not needing breakfast, James reduced our bill without us even having to ask. 14 Hart Street was an all-around great choice for our long weekend in Edinburgh!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had read so many good things about this B&B that I made my reservations in january for my september holiday. I wrote to Angela every two months to ask for some recomendations or let her know at what time I would arrive.

So I arrive at 14 Hart St. at 17:30 on sunday september 9 and James opened the door to tell me that they made a "terrible mistake" and recieved earlier another couple who was supposed to arrive on octuber!!!

The offered me money, to get me another B&B, to pay the difference, to pay the taxi.... But how can you accept it?!

But the real problem was that I was really looking forward to staying with them and had to find another hotel un sunday afternoon at peak season. And if the other couple was supposed to arrive on October, why did they get my room and not me!!! I thought it was really unfair and was very upset.

3  Thank Marce_LCh
Hartstreet, Owner at 14 Hart Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

I know how much you and your boyfriend were looking forward to staying with us, and can only repeat the profuse apology that I offered at the time. We did make a terrible mistake - something that happens from time to time in any organization. We offered to find you alternative accommodation and to pay the FULL COST of this. You are, of course, more than welcome to return here one day and stay with us free of charge.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Our recent four day stay at 14 Hart Street was outstanding. Gracious hosts and an outstanding location make this the perfect B&B when visiting Edinburgh and touring the surounding area. Already looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at #14 or two nights. Lovely location slightly off the chaos of the main part of Edinburgh. Very comfortable bed and room with ensuite bath. Lovely hosts, excellent breakfast. Would not hesitate to stay again!

Cathy & Mike

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at 14 Hart St for 4 nights in September and had a wonderful time. Rooms were decorated beautifully and very comfortable. Decent shower was also a bonus! James and Angela were very welcoming hosts, and the breakfast was lovely.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again if we were in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This historic property is well located not 10 mins walk from the true heart of Edinburgh. From the moment we arrived our hosts, James and Angela, made us feel completely at home and very welcome. They provided a wonderful bed, endless hot water, the classic Scottish breakfast and lots of good local advice. What more could you ask for? Clearly the perfect base from which to explore and enjoy Edinburgh.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Friendly and helpful owners Angela and James. Lovely room, in basement but with ground level view of garden. Small but well appointed shower room and everywhere very clean. Large comfortable bed, period furniture and many interesting old prints on walls. Would certainly come back and would recommend to others. Delicious breakfasts too! Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2012