“Superb Cafe in the heart of Leith!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hideout Cafe

The Hideout Cafe
Ranked #436 of 2,446 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We use Clifton roasters' coffee, we have great selection of Teapigs teas, amazing crusty sandwiches, homemade soups, salads and cakes... and healthy green smoothies too! Cozy little hideout to be discovered!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Cafe in the heart of Leith!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Found this a very tasteful cafe and decorated to a lovely standard and design. This isn’t your average city café. This is both quirky and homely and the surroundings make one feel almost at home. Natural light floods through the windows making it a lovely place to sit and relax (i think there's free Wi-Fi too). The food is of excellent standard and they serve up a range of hot and cold snacks. Complimented by a range of both hot and cold drinks, this café is certainly going to be a big hit with all who pass through it.
Struck by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of food, I would easily recommend this café to anyone. Very decent prices too make this place a real gem of a find! This is the way forward!
Will definitely be back  10/10

• Visited April 2014
Hasan H, Owner at The Hideout Cafe, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much, 10/10! We are delighted that you like our cafe! You have a good eye, we certainly do have free WIFI and it is super speedy! Come back soon for more lovely treats from our selection:)

Edinburgh
“Great sandwiches, would go back for these”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Really enjoyed the sandwiches and cakes as these were quality homemade. Coffee average, but friendly staff and food made up for it, so would go back.

Hasan H, Owner at The Hideout Cafe, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we really hope that next time your coffee will be as good as our other treats and sandwiches. See you soon...
“Relaxing Atmosphier!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am a tradesman, I used go to other places randomly with my team for lunch, but since our first visit to this place my staff and I have glued to this place and coming here almost evry working day.
Amazing service, food and value. COFFEE in here remarkable like no where eles!!
Jim

1 Thank surkew
Hasan H, Owner at The Hideout Cafe, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much, we are delighted that you like our cafe! We are having fresh sandwiches and lovely soups everyday, homemade cakes and all sorts of other treats.
Thanks for being such a regular customer:)
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Both my husband and I are frequent visitors to Constitution Street and were both delighted to see that the eye sore, that once was, had become a coffee shop. We had to try it out.

Unfortunately, it was such a massive disappointment. We ordered 2 cheese and ham toasties and some 15 minutes later plopped in front of us was a terrible excuse for a toasted sandwich. My husband was ravenous and so ate the contents of my toastie, so unfortunately all I had to take a picture of was the bread itself! The ham and cheese wasn't melted and the toast wasn't toasted. It was one slice of cheese and one square processed piece of ham. All in all a big disappointment. The coffee was hot but not to our liking. The people that served were smiley and cheerful but not at all interested in the fact we were clearly not happy with our lack lustre toasties and we left some 5 minutes after they arrived at our table. I went home and made a toastie in my very own kitchen to demonstrate how easy it is to make properly with lovely melted cheese and lovely ham that didn't come in a perfect square.

We won't be returning and I'll stick with making my own toasties in future.

Hasan H, Owner at The Hideout Cafe, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
We are really sorry to hear that you were not happy with your toasties. We don't have it on our menu, however we tried to make it specially for you, but we didn't do it justice. Our coffee is served hot, not burning, but we can always make it extra hot for our customers...We hope you will give us another go, we work really hard to keep our customers happy and we would be delighted if you change your mind after your next visit...
Regards
“The Hideout Cafe”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This building has been an eyesore for 10 years until the present owner transformed it into an elegant cafe. As soon as you walk in your are made to feel welcomed and the selection of soups and sandwiches are sufficient, maybe the more people get to know about the Hideout you may possibly treated to an Albanian speciality.
But in the meantime they had run out of rolls for my bacon sandwich, obviously due to popular demand, but this was not a problem my bacon arrived in some nice crusty bread.
This place is going to be popular with all for its service, the coffee is excellent but I would love a mug of Coffee.

Hasan H, Owner at The Hideout Cafe, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are very pleased to hear that! And we have got some mugs ready for you!