“Best Sir Walter Scott impression ever! lol”

Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour
Ranked #72 of 249 Tours in Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I am no literary buff, in fact I was taking this tour to humour a friend of mine. But in the end I was completely hooked in and I am now quite tempted to read Ivanhoe along with other Scottish literary works that I will have to google as I have forgotten their names haha ;)
Entertaining and informative, a delightful way to spend your evening in Edinburgh!

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"stories"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I had a great time except...the large group that held the entire group back by buying bottles of champagne at each stop and we could not leave until they finished. Other than that it was great!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We had a great time with our literary tour guides, who led us both physically around Edinburgh (a great primer for us, brand-new to the city) and historically through Edinburgh's literary heroes. The actors (John and Riley) were both hilarious and entertaining and well-informed. They were charming in and out of character. I would recommend every visitor to Edinburgh try the tour--just learn from our mistake and get directions to the bus stop you need *before* leaving the tour group.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We looooved this tour!! So much good-natured fun, and a really great chance to see Edinburgh. Would recommend doing it on your first night in Edinburgh perhaps, so you can get a good feel for the city. Our actors (John and Riley) were fantastic - we were so impressed! And all the pubs we visited were totally lovely with great drink selections. Bravo!

1  Thank tessaclark
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2018

In a short visit to Edinburgh (or any city, really) you can't really discover the heart of a city. In taking a tour, you hope to get a glimpse, and the literary pub tour did just that. We loved the route this walking tour followed, linking Grassmarket with Rose Street in the New Town, by way of the Royal Mile and the National Gallery, stopping to talk about the writers who drew from the language of the city, and gave it back, richer and deeper. The actors (Ross & Hannah, I believe) were wonderful at walking the line between the people they are, and the characters they were playing. It left us wanting to read more of the writers they discussed, and to explore more of the city than we have time for. A wonderful time.

1  Thank AndrewWallace