“Visit in Edinburgh” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Violet Bank House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Violet Bank House
Ranked #142 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Berlin
“Visit in Edinburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We were in Violet Bank House in May 2013 and it was again wonderful.
Reta & John are very good hosts, Very friendly. The breakfast was very delicious, specially the pan cakes. (LOL)
When we will came back to Edinburgh then w will again to be guests to Reta & John.

Stefan & Gudrun

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Violet Bank has an amazingly quiet, peaceful and calm atmosphere, which I found most salving after my day. My first impression of the accommodation was just how clean and plain nice it was – instantly thinking how much work and effort they must put into it to create such a brilliant environment.

I was met at the front door with the warmest of welcomes from my hosts Reta and John who you can see are dedicated to the satisfaction of their guests – the ambience is what I would strive to create for my own guests – a really warm homely feeling.

My bedroom was better than any other hotel I have slept in - again with so much attention to detail – right down to offering a whole range of different teas and coffees for me to make and enjoy – I find where the host is actually focused on my satisfaction I can relax and just enjoy my stay.

I like pleasant surprises! – the house looks quite small from the road, but is lovely and stretches way back onto the terraced garden… where I was invited to view the resident ‘Bee Colony’ fresh honey from the garden and some of the most delightful food perfectly presented and served!

My conclusion is that, ‘little things don’t mean a lot, they mean everything’!

Room Tip: My bedroom at the rear of the house was very quiet and peaceful with everything I needed, where I ne...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Amazing220
Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Our hosts were incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating. A very comfortable room with literally the "run of the house". The property is beautiful and wonderfully located for ease of access to Edinburgh and wonderful local restaurants. We even met their grandson who gave us a marvelous tour of the property all the way to the river running through the back yard. A sherry and a dram of whiskey greets you. Wonderful breakfast and tour recommendations from our hosts made this a highlight of our travel around Scotland.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob C
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed with John and Rita for our honeymoon in Aug 2012, as we arrived we was given a very warm welcome followed by refreshments and homemake cake in their wonderful garden. Our room was immaculate, very clean, lovely and cosy. The breakfasts kept us going for most of the day, there was plenty to choose from we even tried the haggis!! I really cannot find any faults at all with violet bank house, Edinburgh is only a 20 min bus drive and the bus stop is just around the corner, Rita and John were only too happy to help with booking tickets and restaurant reservations, we would recommend this b&b to anyone wanting to visit scotland and we hope we are able to visit again soon, many thanks to John and Rite for making our time with them extra special

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine M
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Violet Bank House in Lanark Edinburgh, was not quite what we expected but we still enjoyed our stay. Initially we were surprised how far out of Edinburgh itself it was but Reta advised us to catch the bus in and it really did make it a lot easier to get around. Lanark Road West is not the most picturesque of places but the area behing the B@B was quite beautiful. Our room was upstairs, but was a good size clean and nicely presented as was the bathroom. Breakfast was lovely and Reta and John were lovely hosts.

Room Tip: Specify if you want to be upstairs or downstairs and if you want a bath.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dianne O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

12th August just back from the Violet Bank B&B and can I just say what a lovely couple Reta and John are they make you so welcome and the house is lovely & clean and the bus to Edinburgh is just outside a few steps away so we did not need to take the car.Would go back and stay again as the breakfasts were lovely and a good selection of food. So a big thank you Reta and John for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweep049
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

v friendly welcome and a great room and breakfast - only stayed one night but it was fab. rightly scored and rated by many others :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Travelodge Edinburgh Dreghorn
Cherrytrees Bed & Breakfast
#162 of 445 in Edinburgh
Just B
#179 of 445 in Edinburgh

Been to Violet Bank House? Share your experiences!