“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 214 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rabbie's expert guides lead you through the must-see sights of Scotland and England. You explore the epic natural wonders, cute traditional villages, and ancient castles. And on all their tours, you learn from the best storytellers, explore in small groups of 16 passengers or less, support local communities, enjoy guaranteed departures, and get a guaranteed experience or your money back.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I don't believe I have ever joined a more professional tour operator. Brilliant! Tours (incl. their selection) are amazing! Guides are (oh my dear God!) so professional! The information given is beyond all expectations. Scotland is stunning!!! All guides are visibly in love with their country and their enthusiasm is truly contagious! Even if you have a car to tour around, don't hesitate to book at least one tour with them - it will be only of help to appreciate this wonderful country even more. Thank you, guys!

Rabbie's, General Manager at Rabbie's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Wow Andrea - what a fabulous review! It makes me very happy that we have obviously made such an impression on you. We are a very lucky to live in such a beautiful country and everyone at Rabbie's just loves showing it off to our visitors. I hope you make it back here soon.
many thanks

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We booked a 1-day tour of Loch Ness and Scottish highlands and our driver and guide was Pete. The tour basically lasted 12 hours and was really great. The weather was wonderful when we went but I think we were lucky. I was concerned that it would be lots of sitting in the van and little time at the stops but that was not the case. We made many quick photo stops along the way and Pete didn't rush us along or make us feel hurried. We stopped at many different lochs and glens (you'll learn the meaning of these words) and they were so beautiful and even one stop at a place that gave free whiskey tastings. Speaking of which, if you're at all interests in whiskey I would suggest taking the tour with Pete. He was very knowledgable and admitted he could talk for hours about whiskey. As for Loch Ness, we were actually a bit rushed at this stop because we stayed longer at other stops on account of the beautiful weather. You are given the option to take a 1 hour boat tour and we did so we had to hurry and grab lunch at the grocery and eat on board. If there's one bad thing I can say about the tour it would actually be Loch Ness. It's not a picturesque loch compared to the others we stopped at and the boat tour wasn't worth it in my opinion. It was hard not to take it though considering we went all that way for a chance to see the monster. If I knew what Loch Ness was going to be then I probably chosen another tour. All in all we had a wonderful time taking in the sights of the Scottish highlands and would thoroughly recommend to anyone else considering.

Thank you for such a detailed review and for uploading photos of some of the wonderful scenery on your tour. I think a lot of people would agree that Loch Ness is perhaps not the most scenic of our lochs but as you say it is the only which might have a monster in it.......
Next time you are here we have lots of other trips to choose from which I'm sure you would enjoy even more.
Best regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Gale was our tour guide to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond. She was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. At Loch Lomond she took all that wanted to go on a walking tour. I would definitely take another Rabbies tour again. Next time I would love take one of the multiple day trips.

Hi Lou Rae. That's a great photo of Loch Lomond - you obviously made it up the steep hill to the viewpoint! We'd love to have you on one of our multi day tours - if you need any help choosing which one to take, please just get in touch.
best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's my fourth Rabbies tour. This time visiting the Irish Atlantic Coast. The trip was well-planned and it's well worth what you pay for. For sure, it won't be my last Rabbies tour.

You are officially a Rabbie's expert now - 4 tours and in different countries too! I'm very pleased to hear you will be coming back again. Maybe one of our London tours next time?
I'm sorry we don't have a separate page for the Irish tours but because we don't do any day tours there we can't get a listing.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

These small group tours are excellent, we had a very pleasant driver James and a very knowledgeable and informative courier in Mick; both made the effort to speak to and show interest in everyone on the tour which made the day very enjoyable; both made sure everyone in this mixed nationality and age group enjoyed the day. (we hope that Rabbies Tours continue to pair this driver and courier together on their tours). We would recommend that everyone should try one of Rabbies Tours when holidaying in the Edinburgh area

Thanks for taking the time to review us - it's great to hear you enjoyed the tour and would recommend us to other visitors.
best regards