“Truly magical experience”

Price range: US$54 - US$54
Cuisines: Scottish, International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: The best meals are the ones you don’t have to choose. Everything at Aizle is made in-house, from the nutritious live ferment in the sourdough, to the hand churned butter, to the aquavit and aged kombucha in our cocktails. Aizle is now based in the Garden Room at The Kimpton Charlotte Square, we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 25 August 2019

I went for mine and my boyfriend’s anniversary and for someone who hasn’t tried fine dining before, this restaurant has truly blown my mind. From the ambience and the food, everything was all round incredible. This restaurant has truly changed my perspective on fine dining and I will definitely be back again. Thank you Aizle for such a magical experience!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 23 August 2019

They call it six courses but between the multi course servings it’s more like 10 or 11. Every one of them is unique beautiful and delicious. The beet root bite was stunning, not a flavor I would generally choose but I could’ve eaten a bowl full.

the trout with peas was spectacular. The main course was a dairy cow steak with a bone marrow infused carrot. By the time it came I was pretty full but I wanted to lick the plate.

The service is exceptional, knowledgeable friendly and impeccable, if a bit slow.

The menu changes based on what’s fresh. I wish we lived here we would want to be here every week!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Bookslut
Reviewed 23 August 2019

The owners were concerned about everything. Several days before we arrived they emailed to check for any food allergies and when we arrived for the tasting menu they provided substitutes for those food to which we were allergic. The food was delicious and the service, especially Jasmine, was great.. Our only regret is that we hadn't reserved a table for our last night in Edinburgh. We enjoyed every aspect of our diner especially the relaxed atmosphere of the dining room. A really pleasurable evening.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank hah999
Reviewed 23 August 2019

We started off this meal on the wrong foot. We arrived a day early. They immediately ordered us a cab to take us to the other restaurant after we promised to com back the next evening. We are so glad we did. Our favorite meal of the trip. No menu. They checked in advance on allergies. We ordered with paired drinks , they were all well fitted for the courses. Each course was lovely and tasty. The staff rounded out the perfection. We had some very good meals at some ver good restaurants on this trip but this was well and above the best. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank sdhcpa
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Simply spectacular! Our dinner was creative, without being silly or trying too hard. The staff was warm and informative. Loved the low key, neighborhood feel. It will be on our list every time we’re town. My teenager loved it!

Date of visit: July 2019