“Fantastic food, creative menu, great service!!”
Review of Wildest Drams - CLOSED

Wildest Drams
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Local Scottish Cooking expertly paired to Specialist Beer and Whisky. Fresh, fun and affordable dining in a casual Bar/Restaurant environment, or just drop by the Cellar Bar for one of our vast range of Beers or try a Whisky Tasting Session.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Popped in for lunch and had a great experience. Was charmed by the waitress, who was doing a great job managing all of the tables, and even gave advice on whisky pairings with the plates we had chosen. The set menu was carefully crafted and had vegetarian options. I recommend the rabbit, and the risotto was the best we had ever tasted. All dishes were beautifully presented. The beer menu had some nice options too. I look forward to returning, especially when the upstairs becomes the main restaurant, and the downstairs becomes a bar. I plan on taking my parents there when they visit later in the summer, as this place is really one to show off how lovely Edinburgh is.

Neil H, Manager at Wildest Drams, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review.
Glad to hear that Sarah looked after you so well and you enjoyed yourself.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We dined at Wildest Drams on our first night in Edinburgh after stumbling upon it as we walked down the Royal Mile from our hotel. It was a fantastic find, the food was absolutely incredible!!
The menu was fine dining but in a relaxed environment and with a fabulous Scottish food menu.
We visited a variety of excellent restaurants whilst in Edinburgh and this is definitely one we would come back to again and again.
Excellent service, excellent food, excellent drinks menu.
Still thinking about the beer infused bread - incredibly soft with amazing flavour.
Thanks guys!

Neil H, Manager at Wildest Drams, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank-you the the wonderful review.
Very happy to hear you had such a good experience and we would love to see you again (and again) if you return to Edinburgh.

Will let the chef know you loved the beer-bread :) has been a big hit all round.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had a lovely meal here this week. Food was delicious and served by very friendly people. One very small criticism is that we had to ask for extra bread to mop up the delicious sauce. I would have preferred a basket of bread to have been served with the meal.

Neil H, Manager at Wildest Drams, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hi there, glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and thank you for the review.
Your criticism has been noted, we are happy to supply more bread upon request, and as we do not charge any money for bread we would rather not waste home baked bread by sending out a full basket which may or may not be eaten.
We hope you understand our position in trying to offer home baked product while not charging extra money.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I popped in for a wee snack and really enjoyed my meal
Didnt try beer or drams as I was driving but I look forward to returning.
Well done Ces J'ai dit

Neil H, Manager at Wildest Drams, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for the review, hope to see you for an evening meal in the future, and with time fir a drink and those wee Drams.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I walked by this place on my way to another pub for dinner. Something drew me to it but I'd promised a friend back home I'd visit the other pub. On my way home from a decent dinner I decided to stop for a beer. It was exactly what I wanted to see as a beer lover - bottles from small (and excellent) breweries all across Scotland. I had a delicious stout and chatted a bit with two employees (one may or may not have been Andre and definitely had a sweet beard). I reviewed the menu and vowed to return.

I returned this evening for an early dinner. I had a couple more excellent beers - they have a full scotch list as well, but I was keen on some beer I might never see back home. For dinner I had the rabbit and it was absolutely the best thing I've eaten only trip, and really among the better meals I've had anywhere. I cracked and got the stout sticky toffee pudding for dessert which was delicious enough to make me want to put my face in the bowl.
Y
During dinner the hostess, Sarah, expanded my knowledge of brewing and Scotland! Furthermore she gave me some travel guidance I plan to make use of next week.

This will be the dinner I talk about first when people back home ask about the food!!

Neil H, Manager at Wildest Drams, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for the review, glad Sarah and the staff looked after you.
Hope you make up to Oban distillery and Loch Fyne Ales and enjoy the rest of your travels.