Open today: 10:00 - 17:30

from US$78.00
from US$85.90
from US$535.10
More Info
All reviews delicious shortbread short bread artisan bakery chocolate orange bought several real taste of scotland royal mile fringe festival trip to scotland old town panties shop ballantyne gifts
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whilst spending 3 days in Edinburgh, it would have been a crime not to drop in here and grab some of the shortbread's that have been raved about on here.
The lovely little shop is situated just off the Royal Mile, fairly easy to find with a little help from Google maps on my phone.
Prices are a tad high, however, once you've tasted them, this is no longer an issue. Very friendly staff and welcoming. Nothing more to say on the place really, it kind of speaks for itself once you are there.
It is certainly a must do whilst in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had picked this shop out on trip advisor before I even got to Edinburgh as the reviews were good. I wasn’t disappointed. It’s a cute little shop with several flavours of lovely shortbread. I opted for eight in a gorgeous box with ribbon and was not disappointed. Beautiful flavours and a real taste of Scotland. Good job we were coming home that day else I would have been back for more.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

They have the most delicious short bread bar none stateside. You will not get this shortbread in the US. Order from them

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

There are not too many independent shortbread bakers left. This is an excellent product, if I lived in Edinburgh, I’d be here every day.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Shortbread are prepared at the back of the store by a very nice lady, there were 5 or six different flavours and every day they are different. The smell in the store is as wonderful that you want to try all shortbread flavours.

It is really worth to visit this place and try increadbily delicious shortbread.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Visited last week, sought out after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Visiting Scotland, I wanted to try proper shortbread, not dry hard thing they sell everywhere else, with best before date at least year ahead. I dragged my husband with me, promising him best shortbread of his life (so stakes were high!!!)
And boy, we were not disappointed!!! Beautiful, buttery perfection. We bought pack of 8 and next day we were back to get some more to take it back with us, eagerly advising other customers (who were asking for sample) that your product is heavenly!!!!

If you ever want to open bakery down south, give me shout and I will be there with my baking muscles ready. Thank you, Jennifer!!!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

What can you say about this - best shortbread ever had. Don't go in Hungary as you will be over tempted to buy more than is needed..

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The store smells sooooo good! I tried each flavor and, believe me you can’t go wrong. My personal favorite was coconut and white chocolate.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

These lovely, delectable shortbreads simply melt in your mouth. Every day there are different flavors. We loved the chocolate orange, cinnamon and roasted coconut. One of our most delicious memories of the Fringe Festival 2018, we visited regularly. Thanks to Rick Steves for recommending this woman-owned small business. Will be back next year!

1  Thank LynneC52
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I am not a fan of shortbread but because of this place, I am a willing convert. Everybody knows that there is no comparison to something freshly baked. But add quality and finesse and welcome to shortbread heaven.

I had the rose and lavender that was dipped partially in white chocolate. It was delicate, it was balanced in flavour and the shortbread was light and not clunky like the boxed stuff. This is the only way I am ever to eat shortbread for the rest of my life. Freshly baked by shortbread Angels!!!

Don’t arrive too late. It’s freshly baked so first come, first served.

Happy eating people!