Just returned from a lovely weekend in Edinburgh, having stayed at the Lantern Guest House. We were provided with plenty of information from our host, Richard, including a map of the city (which we couldn't have done without) and details on how to get to the guest house from the airport and how much this should cost.
Our room was simple but cosy, with everything we needed. It was nice and warm throughout the night, and the bed was comfy ensuring a good nights sleep. There were spare blankets and pillows available in our room. We were provided with towels, and even a hair dryer. We also had an en-suite, tv, tea and coffee making facilities and free wi-fi.
The coded door was a handy touch meaning we could enter and exit our room freely without bothering other guests or our hosts. In the hallway, we had the option of using a fridge, microwave, cutlery and crockery.
In all we had everything we could require, and plenty of freedom to do as we wished. The location was excellent, about 10 minutes walk from the centre, and we certainly did not miss out on breakfast as it meant we could enjoy the delicious food of Edinburgh.
A really pleasant stay, we would come here again and definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lantern Guest House is set up as 3 mini apartments, combining historic Georgian tradition with modern features such as pin code entry and high speed wifi.Very close to the city centre hub around the Playhouse, Omni Centre and Tram terminus, also close to Waverley Rail Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Lantern Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern House Hotel Edinburgh
- Lantern Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland