Location was one of the main attractions and this was only a short walk into the city centre so thumbs up for this. However, after being welcomed by Richard and shown our room we felt disappointed. The furnishings were tired and very dated (not retro by design)! The shower room smelt particularly unpleasant as there was mold on the wall and the sealant around the shower tray was very mildewy. Showers were off the agenda. Thankfully we were only staying one night otherwise it would have meant a hasty relocation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lantern Guest House is set up as 3 mini apartments, combining historic Georgian tradition with modern features such as pin code entry and high speed wifi.Very close to the city centre hub around the Playhouse, Omni Centre and Tram terminus, also close to Waverley Rail Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lantern Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern House Hotel Edinburgh
- Lantern Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland