“St. Andrews!”

Loch Ness and the Highlands Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #6 of 206 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small groups of 16 in the Wee Red Bus. Our guided tours have been specially designed to give you maximum variety by including famous sights as well as hidden gems that many tourists never see. We look forward to welcoming you onto our famous Wee Red Buses to experience and enjoy the essential Scotland together.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our driver was Matt, who was getting married the next weekend! He was great! We had a wonderful tour filled with interesting information, tips and beautiful sights. It did rain, but I guess Scotland is known for lots of rain. The place we stopped within view of the Firth of Forth train bridge (really cool - we saw two trains going opposite directions go over the bridge) had the best mocha we had tasted! It was a neat shop also!
My husband loved seeing St. Andrews and we ate at a quaint little pub there. The ruins of the castle were so interesting, though it was raining pretty hard when we got to them.
Matt was very knowledgeable about St. Andrews and the surrounding area as he had been raised there, which was great to have a tour guide from the area!
I would book with Heart of Scotland again! I guess this particular tour is new - and becoming very popular!
Thanks, Matt!

1  Thank kpasa2014
nckr, Front Office Manager at Heart of Scotland Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello and thank you for your lovely review of our St Andrews and the Fishing Villages of Fife tour. It is a great part of Scotland to explore and St Andrews is certainly an amazing place.

Matt is now married and hopefully back to tour guiding again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Heart of Scotland Tours

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

we went when the festival was on and i promise you this is the bast in the world,from street acts to venue acts.some with just 10 seats brill value family or single day out.oh fotgot you can get 2 for one into the castle prono,go bet you love it

2  Thank tonyzq

Thank you for your review, we agree that Edinburgh is even more amazing during the festival - lots to see and do!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I were in Edinburgh for our honeymoon the 2nd week in April of this year. We took 2 tours and the first was to Rosslyn Chapel, the Borders, and Hadrian's Wall/Houseteads Roman Fort. This tour was so amazing and everything I dreamed it would be. Our guide was full of wonderful information and we felt as if were were talking to a long lost friend. We also had the chance to see the ruins of Rosslyn Castle and it was amazing.The view from the borders and Houstead's Fort was breathtaking and I could have sat there all day filling my imagination. We enjoyed this tour, it was a dream come true and part of an amazing honeymoon. Yes, I recommend it....just do it!!!!

Our second tour was of the Scottish highland and Loch Ness. We had a nice day but the weather was not good, although it was expected and certainly not controllable. We did the boat ride and it was ok but not really necessary, especially if it is raining. THe boat was overcroweded and visibility was not good. I am not a mountain person but my husband is, which is why he enjoyed this tour more than I did. Basically if you love mountains then you certainly will love the Scottish Highlands. I love love love English history and I am more of a rolling hills type of gal, so I got more out of Northern England and Hadrian's Wall. Our guide was also very informative and my husband really enjoyed his sense of humor. We stayed at the Apex Waterloo hotel and the tour busses picked us up right across the street, which was so convenient.
Enjoy your tours!!!!

2  Thank Carynmc

Thank you for your review and your photos, it's always nice to see people out on their tours! It sounds like you both enjoyed your trips although you both had a favourite!
We hope you had a great honeymoon and happy travels for the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter and I had a great day out. Danny, our driver, made the experience even better with his historic facts and witty banter. We had a wee bit rain in the afternoon, but the staff at Glengoyne accommodated us very well. Wonderful diversion from the city.

1  Thank Harold P

Thank you for your lovely review of Danny and your tour with us. We're delighted that you had a good time and we think there is no better place to hide from the rain than in a distillery! The folks at Glengoyne are great, we're glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a really fun time learning the history of ghoulish Edinburgh. Our guide was fun and dramatic in a black cape with whip! The tour ends up in one of the cellars overbuilt by the construction of the south bridge. We loved our tour, but a word of warning, this is NOT for anyone who is unsteady on their feet. I would gladly take more of their tours.

1  Thank Betty s

Thank you for your review. The Ghost and Ghouls Tour is operated by Mercat Tours and we agree that they have amazing tour guides too, including some scary ones!

We hope to see you back with us for another tour,

Happy travels,