“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #34 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 February 2014

•I Have recently stayed at this hotel with my daughter which was recommended by a good friend of mine,Ted and his wife were great hosts and nothing was a bother.

Fantastic hotel, amazing facilities and breakfast was delicious. Room was massive, many added extras, dressing gowns, slippers, tea and coffee all provided, walk in shower bathroom was fab! Best shower i have had in a long time. Very clean throughout, parking facilities to the rear and bus stops outside! £3.50 for a day ticket per person. Make sure you have the correct money, bus drivers in Edinburgh dont carry change, if you dont have the correct money, you cant get on the bus!
The only down side for me was that they had a lovely bar area and I would have liked to have used the facilities of the bar and restaurant but understand that they need to have a night off.
I will definately be returning to this hotel and will be recommending it to my friends

Janet and Amy Young

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I with my husband spent a weekend (3 nights) in Edinburgh this month and after reading all the reviews, picked Aaron Lodge.The room was beautifully, large and comfy with great super kingsize beds and good bathrooms with real power showers. Breakfast was delicious with nice selection of cooked breakfast, toast, tea, coffee, cereals, cheese, yogurt's, juices and fruit. The place looks spotlessly clean and fantastic.The owners Ted and Dot were amazing made my stay so enjoyable, could not be more helpful. Absolutely lovely and relaxed which made us feel very much at home.Very good value for money. Very glad to say we weren't disappointed.We will definitely go back soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ted & dot are lovely hosts, nothing is the bother to them, the rooms and bathroom, to a very high standard, staff really pleasant! The food in the restaurant , excellant ( ronnie the chef )! Nice and handy to the city centre, just leave the car at the hotel, and hop on the regular bus sevice, i wouldnt stay anywhere else in edinburgh, stew!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed in February for three nights in Aaron Lodge, great location, rooms are fabulous and spacious, very modern bathroom with shower. The place was so clean, just spotless. We had wonderfully breakfast every morning, freshly cooked.
I would highly recommend anyone to stay at Aaron Lodge.Looking forward to come back.Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Aaron Lodge and all it offers has to be experienced. The location is perfect for parking your car and enjoying the convenience of the bus route into Edinburgh. The thought and attention to detail which the owners have lavished on this stylish, comfortable yet friendly hotel is clear as soon as you walk in, the rooms are decorated to the highest standard and every guests need is attended to and considered. The experience of the owners in understanding the needs of their guests is clear - the conservatory restaurant is lovely and the atmosphere throughout is relaxing and welcoming. We love Edinburgh and all it offers but a large part the pleasure is knowing that we will be based at Aaron Lodge. Cant wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

It is obviously many years since this place was in the condition as presented on it's website! In general I found the rooms to be somewhat tired. The bathroom had so many broken floor tiles that it resembled crazy paving! The place has a rather un-loved atmosphere and I was left feeling somewhat disappointed and cheated as their website makes it sound wonderful.

Plus points - good powerful shower, reasonably comfortable beds, good levels of cleanliness reasonable buffet breakfast (except for coffee which was lousy).
Minus points - very poor sound insulation between rooms and to the extremely busy main road which is literally 3 metres from the bedroom windows; noise; broken bathroom flooring; very limited and tight parking. Not very welcoming (never saw the elusive Dot and Ted)!

Overall poor value, I felt that some of the chain lodge style hotels would have been better value.

I definitely would not return.

Room Tip: Not sure what rooms are better but would think rooms at back may be quieter being away from busy mai...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank scottraveljunkie
Aaron Lodge G, Owner at Aaron Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Scott!!!
I find your comments very offensive
All our rooms are looked after to a high standard and to say they are tired, dated and unloved is totally inappropriate
The photos you see on our web page and others where taken in Janauary 2014
The parking is for 10 cars so limited !!!!!
We where on holiday at the time so find it difficult to reply to what has been said
In our opinion the comments look like they have been said to harm our business but hopefully others will look our overall reviews

Reviewed 16 February 2014

After reading all the good reviews about Aaron lodge I decided to book this place for our valentines weekend to Edinburgh which was our first visit to the city. But after staying here for 2 nights me & my partner left with very mixed emotions about this place. Firstly, we booked this place because of the secure parking included and yes, there is parking however it is ample to say the least (5 cars max). It is also very tight to get parked! On arrival we seen some lady was stood at the door, she didn't introduce herself just told us to come this way. I was a bit taken back to see there was no reception area which was a little awkward for check out at the end of the weekend. We felt a little lost as we had never been to Edinburgh before and would have liked to have had some advice. I do not know who we were greeted by or who was at breakfast each morning but I am pretty sure we did not meet any Ted or Dot which is a shame because they seem like lovely people from others reviews. According to the book in the room wifi is included, but we couldn't get connected all weekend. There was a phone in the room which wasn't even plugged in. The guest bar was also shut as well as the conservatory restaurant (only open at breakfast time). So as you can imagine we felt a little deflated staying here. However, I must say the rooms were lovely and spacious. The bathroom was decorated to a high standard with a great power shower. On the other hand, the walls are paper thin! We could here the couple in the room next door having a conversation but that's not all.. We were on the bottom floor in room number 2 so we had to suffer the noise from upstairs guests and I have never heard squeaky floorboards like it. It was ridiculous, we heard every little movement. Even when they were wandering around at 2am in the morning and 7am on the Sunday morning. The breakfast was fine, buffet style with plenty to choose from & the apple juice in particular was lovely! We didn't feel 'looked after' as such and also felt like there was no point of contact throughout our whole stay. On a whole I would not stay here again & will be looking to book elsewhere when we visit Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room upstairs if you want to get some sleep!
3  Thank ZD92