“Fantastic”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #33 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Came back to stay in Aaron lodge again in February.stayed a couple of years ago and vowed I would return next time I was visiting Edinburgh.greeted by dot and ted who took my cases to my room while they had poured my favourite tipple from the bar and I was sorted.the bar wasn't here last time I stayed and was well impressed by it .it was well stocked and cosy.the bedrooms were what I remember .spotless clean and showroom condition I had my customary hot open plan shower then collapsed into the four poster bed and watched the large screen telly and slept like a log in my warm room.(I had been dreaming about this all week and wasn't disappointed) the breakfast was excellent and ronnie the chef still cooking Michelin star food in the restaurant.the only complaint I have is that I only stayed for four days and not seven.this place is brilliant and I've never had any hosts like dot and ted(who was great company and really funny)who couldn't do enough for me and also other guests as well.all I can say is fantastic fantastic fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank scooterboy58

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed at the Aaron Lodge Hotel on many occasions, at least 15, for business travel. I am always treated like royalty. The rooms are impeccably clean. The staff very friendly. Ted and Dot are always so welcoming. However, I would like to especially mention, Margaret, who always makes any stay very special. Plus, I understand she is the one who makes sure the rooms are always so clean. Of special note is the showers with hot water set in bathrooms that are like a show house. I recommend this Bed and Breakfast to my colleagues who also stay here. One of my colleagues has even made plans to stay here with her Mum for a weekend away in Edinburgh. This is no ordinary Bed and Breakfast. Its unique, cleanliness, attention to detail is as a result of Ted and Dot's professionalism and experience in the catering business.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Having once again left it much too late to make any prior booking, I took the opportunity on what was in effect a depressingly wet February evening to simply deposit myself at the door of Aaron Lodge and ask for help. As it turned out, things are quieter at this time of year, and Ted the owner was once again extremely helpful in seeing me to a spacious and beautifully decorated room equipped to what I took to be 5 star standard (It's actually 4, but it would be difficult to see in what the difference is supposed to consist !). A whisky or two later (malt I was told is mandatory), I was led into the conservatory restaurant to enjoy the finest T bone steak I'd ever had, preceded by an extremely enjoyable coated mushroom starter and followed by a delightful but simple apple pie with lashings of fresh cream. The bar took up the rest of the evening, with pleasant chit-chat with Ted and one or two others, so much so that the next morning I decided to do my few business calls in Edinburgh via the excellent bus service (a bus stop is right outside Aaron Lodge). You seem to have hit it all on the head once again Ted & Dot. Top Marks, and be assured that we'll keep coming !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just back from a short city break in Edinburgh with a perfect stay in Aaron Lodge guesthouse.
Very friendly staff with beautiful rooms, very spacious , bathrooms very modern and very clean.
Had a meal in the restaurant food to a very high standard. Thanks to Dot and Ted and i will deffinately return and recommend .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

•I Have recently stayed at this hotel with my daughter which was recommended by a good friend of mine,Ted and his wife were great hosts and nothing was a bother.

Fantastic hotel, amazing facilities and breakfast was delicious. Room was massive, many added extras, dressing gowns, slippers, tea and coffee all provided, walk in shower bathroom was fab! Best shower i have had in a long time. Very clean throughout, parking facilities to the rear and bus stops outside! £3.50 for a day ticket per person. Make sure you have the correct money, bus drivers in Edinburgh dont carry change, if you dont have the correct money, you cant get on the bus!
The only down side for me was that they had a lovely bar area and I would have liked to have used the facilities of the bar and restaurant but understand that they need to have a night off.
I will definately be returning to this hotel and will be recommending it to my friends

Janet and Amy Young

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I with my husband spent a weekend (3 nights) in Edinburgh this month and after reading all the reviews, picked Aaron Lodge.The room was beautifully, large and comfy with great super kingsize beds and good bathrooms with real power showers. Breakfast was delicious with nice selection of cooked breakfast, toast, tea, coffee, cereals, cheese, yogurt's, juices and fruit. The place looks spotlessly clean and fantastic.The owners Ted and Dot were amazing made my stay so enjoyable, could not be more helpful. Absolutely lovely and relaxed which made us feel very much at home.Very good value for money. Very glad to say we weren't disappointed.We will definitely go back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ted & dot are lovely hosts, nothing is the bother to them, the rooms and bathroom, to a very high standard, staff really pleasant! The food in the restaurant , excellant ( ronnie the chef )! Nice and handy to the city centre, just leave the car at the hotel, and hop on the regular bus sevice, i wouldnt stay anywhere else in edinburgh, stew!

• Stayed: February 2014