“Great place to stay”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #42 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just had a very enjoyable stay at the Aaron lodge, couldn't fault it. Ted and Dot couldn't have made me feel any more welcome. Would definitely recommend the Aaron Lodge. Bus service into Edinburgh runs every 5 minutes and is very prompt and reliable, within walking distance to the ERI. Rooms very spacious and clean and the food is very good too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after our other Work colleagues swear by this place and I must say were very accommodating and good place to stay although my colleague had a tiny tiny room with tv angled directly over his bed so he wasn't happy although the food and their chef is very very good best soup I'd had in a long long time

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had 3 guys staying here when they were working in Edinburgh.
They received a first class service and their evening meals were so good we were sent a photograph of them each night!
They were well looked after and we received an exceptionally competitive deal. Well worth it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We picked this guest house to stay as we had a relative in intensive care at Edinburgh royal hospital. We booked 4 nights. The welcome we received was good the rooms comfortable. However we we're disappointed that the restaurant and bar were closed during our stay. I had occasion to use the laundry and my clothes were returned still damp. As we were charged for this I was disappointed in this service. The bathroom in one of the rooms wasn't so much a bathroom, more a wet room. Great for disabled travellers, but the room was advertised as a deluxe double and charged accordingly. There was no toilet roll holder in the wet room, and no shelf space for toiletries. The bin was not emptied when the room was made up and the teaspoons were sticky as of not washed.
We did ask about the possibility of extending our stay a further 4 nights despite this. At the same time rang around and found an alterative. When we informed the proprietor we would be booking out as planned he became quite nasty as did his partner.
All in All not a good experience and not one I would like to repeat. I cannot recommend this quest houses this has not left us with a good impression.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank coopswife
Reviewed 26 April 2014

As soon as I got out the car I met Ted the owner who carried my bags in straight to my room. The room was very high quality from the bed to the bathroom, 5 star. The restaurant was closed but Ted organised us some food in, he could not have been more helpful and friendly. I had a friend that was going in to the Royal Infirmary that night and again Ted made us both welcome with a few jokes and kept us going. The breakfast the next morning was what I would have expected, again very good. The hotel is less than half a mile from the hospital so to get a great hotel and so close, you can't get better.
Thanks again Ted, Frank gets out on Monday all went well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My friend and I stay two night at this guest house and everything was outstanding. The warm welcome of the owners,the delicious quality meal and the overall cleaneless of the entire place,I could not ask for better. We are already planning our summer stay at Aaron's lodge to explore in depth edinburrgh.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just had a very enjoyable stay at the Aaron lodge, couldn't fault it. Ted and Dot couldn't have made us any more welcome. Would reccomend the Aaron Lodge for any length of stay.Bus service into Edinburgh runs every 5 minutes and is very prompt and reliable. Rooms very spacious and clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple