All reviews ted dot edinburgh royal infirmary city centre guest house bus stop excellent hosts walk in shower visiting edinburgh bus service buffet style fantastic stay cooked breakfast accommodation baingan buses scotland ensuite
Reviewed 19 June 2018

spacious clean room, breakfast terrible, thin sliced white bread, raw tomato, have they not heard of grilled tomato, bacon 2nd day tasted warmed up, hard and tough, sausages cheap and nasty, paper table cloth, mushrooms in water probably tinned,
owner asked us if we would mind having breakfast at 8pm, we were on holiday! seems the place is used by visitors to infirmary, ideal I suppose, as a tourist a no no.

Room Tip: noise from upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Spotlessly clean. Very friendly owners Dot and Ted. The only downside breakfast very early finish. Other than that I would recommend this B and B. Can be noisy with traffic at night as on main road but it does have double glazing.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My parents stayed in this hotel the night before an 8am appt at the hospital as it was very close by. (I went along with them to make sure they were settled and was going to drive them to the hospital the night before to get their bearings of where to park in the morning etc as they were a bit nervous and daunted by everything). We were met by Dot who showed them to their room which was absolutely beautiful and immaculate. Dot asked what time their appt was in the morning in conversation and followed with, “If you want to leave you car here, either myself or Ted could run you down to the hospital in the morning if you like to save you trying to find a space and that way I can drop you at the door and it will save you having to walk far and also save parking fees”. We were all gobsmacked by the generosity and thoughtfulness of Dot’s offer as it would help my parents so much.
Sure enough, after breakfast, Ted took them to the hospital and Ted even gave my mum a reassuring hug when she got out of the car as he could see she was nervous about the appointment.
Apart from their generosity, the bed was extremely comfortable - and an ample size and
the walk in shower was beautiful and ideal for them as they didn’t have to ‘climb’ into anything to get showered in the morning. (Tea/coffee making facilities in the room).
To Ted & Dot, thank you!! Above and beyond. Would highly recommend.
Rating doesn’t seem to be working so:-
Service 5*
Cleanliness 5*
Rooms 5*

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaryScotland1
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights here weekend just gone.the owners are lovely and very welcoming. The hotel was conveniently a 5min bus journey away from Edinburgh town centre which was perfect as parking in the city centre is an absolute nightmare.

Hotel was clean, tidy and well looked after.
Bathroom in the room had a great power shower too!.

The only two things that we felt could be improved was the amount of heat in our room it could of done with a fan in there even with the window wide open we were boiling hot and found it a little uncomfortable when getting ready.

We felt there could of been a little more choice at breakfast time too although what we did have was top quality.

Overall we had a lovely stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Aaron Lodge following a recommendation when my mum was admitted to ERI as an emergency, and had no time to pre-book accommodation. The owner was friendly and helpful and he even picked me up from the hospital! I stayed in a double room which was spacious and beautifully presented. The king size bed was so comfortable and I had a good night’s sleep. The breakfast was first class with a great choice of breakfast options, including a full English Breakfast. I can not recommend this place highly enough, you will not be disappointed. My experience at Aaron Lodge was first class and eased what what was already a very stressful and emotional situation. It it only a 5 minute walk from the hospital so it was a comfort to know I was on the doorstep of the hospital. I would stay there again without hesitation, hopefully in better circumstances.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo