We stayed in the Drummond Street apartment, despite our print-out stating West Nicolson Street. It said further down (on Page 2) "please note the apartment is in Drummond Street", but I'm still not sure why the other address is stated, what's the point? So a bad start, we had to take our suitcases down the busy main road and around the corner. The office staff were unnecessarily snooty, telling me off for "storming off" when I'd advised that elderly relatives were waiting outside the apartment after a long day's travel. Apparently our mistake that they want to charge half upfront and half when you arrive. Again I was informed that I "had to understand, this is a 275,000GBP apartment and we can't just give you the keys" - despite having taken a fair whack of money already. The previous apartment we stayed in in Yorkshire was bigger, better, nicer, cheaper to stay in and probably worth more, and didn't come with any of this snooty attitude. Anyway we made our way past the (no joke) 22 rubbish and recycling bins outside and into the apartment. We'd been informed that there was an "open" mezzanine room, but all the rooms were "open", with my girlfriend's mother eventually giving up and sleeping on the sofa to escape grandmother's snoring downstairs!! On Saturday and Monday we were woken early by rubbish trucks - fortunately we're generally early risers but this could disturb some people. Bed was rock hard so we struggled to sleep, not very wide either, and the shower was bizarre - took a while to get going, but for 5 minutes it was typical boiling hot or ice cold. Location was pretty good, but the unfortunate welcome we received didn't really get us off to a good start. Can't recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city Nicolson luxury self-catering residences offer a stylish and unique base to explore all our city has to offer. These spacious apartments are tastefully decorated using neutral décor with traditional Scottish furnishings to create a warm and relaxing atmosphere. All are situated only a few minutes’ walk from some of Edinburgh’s major attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, the Scottish Museum and are located just around the corner from Edinburgh University.Each apartment has a living room with dining area, modern tiled bathroom, well equipped kitchen, luxurious bedroom(s), cable TV, a DVD player, washing machine, dishwasher and hairdryer as well as soft fluffy towels and fantastic quality Egyptian cotton linen. We can also provide cots and high chairs if required.To complete your home away from home we also provide complimentary sea kelp toiletries from the Scottish Fine Soap Company as well as tea, coffee, mineral water and orange juice to help you settle in.Whether you are visiting for work, play, a family holiday or a romantic break away we have an exclusive private residence to suit your needs. Apartment Facilities:Iron, ironing Board, washing machine, heating, hairdryer, complimentary sea kelp toiletries from the Scottish Fine Soap Company, bathroom with bath or shower, TV, DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, cooking equipment and crockery, additional blankets. Cots and high chairs can be supplied upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nicolson Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolson Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Nicolson Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland