“Spacious, clean, great location!.”

Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was in Edinburgh on a conference and since I was travelling with my baby boy, decided on a flat instead of hotel room. The conference venue was just around the corner. The fltas are really roomy. Don't be affraid on having to cram yourself in a match box!. If I ever need to go again to Edinburgh I will not doubt in taking again one of their flats.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DH1310, Manager at Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of our Superior Southside Apartments.

We hope you do come to Edinburgh again and we would be very happy to have you stay with us.

Kind regards,

Wendy

There are newer reviews for Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here with my best man and ushers on night before my wedding. Needed to cancel one of the rooms at short notice but the staff were great and didn't charge me.

Positives
Great service when needed
Excellent value
Good living room
Good garden
Easy to get to central Edinburgh

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our Superior Southside Apartments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoyed your wedding day.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Kind regards,

Wendy

Reviewed 27 December 2013

A gang of us stayed for work, the apartment is very spacious and clean, there is everything you could need in the apartment.
Location is ideal with all the shops, city centre and everything you could need are very handy.
Parking can be a problem and expensive and the first night I stayed there was roadworks outside making a hell of a noise.
Avoid the roadworks, plan your parking and the place is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was on a stag do to Edinburgh and with not being involved with the booking I didn't know what to expect till I got there. After being given the code upon arrival we entered the 2 apartments we booked and were welcomed with a fresh smelling and clean living area. The rooms were lovely high ceilings with detailed cornice and modern/contemporary with everything needed including iron and board, hairdryer, TV, DVD etc etc. We stayed 2 nights and the heating was mega so no expense spared to keep you warm. I would recommend these rooms to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 3 upstairs is the better room and lounge - I think it was room 3.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

By the time we arrived it was already dark and the apartment was difficult to find at first as the entrance door was right in between a pub and a newsagent. Gary who checked us in was very helpful and showed us the nearest supermarkets and where to park our car (5 mins walk away for a fee). The apartment was spacious, very clean and it had everything we needed, fully equipped kitchen, washer and more than enough beddings/duvet. The beds were comfortable and the sofa was equally nice. The only negative comment that I have is the rug in the living room - it looked really worn out and tarnished with stains. Overall, we had a lovely time staying at the apartment and would not hesitate to recommend this to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NorashikinSh
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived earlier than the agreed time to the apartment but we called the office and they gave us a code to come in from the cold and let ourselves in until the manager came to fill in forms and give us info. This accommodation (1 and 2) was perfect for the hen party. It was spacious, clean and modern. Always hot water available and even with high cealings we found it was warm enough for when we were there, there was extra bedding available for those who did feel cold. Just across the road was a lovely chinese takeaway which I do recommend. A few shops around to top up on wine purchases etc and public transport straight into Edinburgh centre which was only about 10 mins away. It was only about 6 pounds in a black cab from the train station. With it being on a main road, and a pub below it could be noisy for those people who sleep lightly. So take some ear plugs. Other than that. Fab place. Would highly recommend it. And would definitely use them again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here for my hen weekend as a party of 14. We had apartments 1 and 2 and they were absolutely fine. We telephoned and were given the access code and a few minutes later a lovely chap turned up to show us how everything worked and recommended some local takeaways. The apartments were really spacious, especially apartment one, the lounge/dining area could quite comfortably fit us all for an evening of girly games and chatting. The apartments were clean, warm, the beds were comfy and had everything we could possibly need, the security code system was easy and the location could not have been better. The apartments are really central and I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends