We booked through laterooms and got an absolute bargain. Everything in the apartment was great. Lots of little pubs, bars and cafe's about. A few convenience stores too. A nice walk through the meadows into the centre of Edinburgh.
Our only small difficulty was trying to find where on the street the apartment was when we arrived in the car and parking. The street outside has a bus lane where you can't park in the morning or afternoon. We eventually found the car park that is recommended but it was after opening hours and felt a little dodgy leaving the car there but it all worked out fine.
Highly recommend The Southern for drinks, dinner and breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choice of: 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Apartments/Garden Apartments. Building was originally used as a Casino! All newly & beautifully refurbished to a high standard Inc: Plasma screens / Wi Fi etc. Still have many original features - Ornate plaster work, high ceilings, large windows and wooden floors. Large rooms, very light and airy. Awarded 4* Grading by VisitScotland. Close to: the Meadows/Holyrood Park, Arthurs seat, the University and Edinburgh's Commonwealth Pool. All rates INC : Tea/Coffee/Milk. 5 Mins walk from Supermarket. 7 Mins walk to Royal Mile. 12 Mins walk to Princes St. On great bus route to all over the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southside Superior Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments Scotland