We (myself, hubby, son, my mom) stayed at #11 Newington, Flat #2 for 3 nights in May 2014. This is a 2 bedroom apartment with a nice living area. There is a bus stop right outside the door, a grocery store down the street, and tons of restaurants and shopping nearby (or a short bus ride away). The kitchen is well-equipped with cooking implements and a gas stove. There is a clothes washer, but (strangely) no dryer. The couch in the living area was comfortable enough for our 20-year-old son to use as a bed. The bathroom is tiny but functional. Overall, I would definitely recommend this apartment.
Note: The entrance is tucked between an Indian restaurant and a convenience store and might be little tricky to find the first time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choice of: 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom Apartments/Garden Apartments. Building was originally used as a Casino! All newly & beautifully refurbished to a high standard Inc: Plasma screens / Wi Fi etc. Still have many original features - Ornate plaster work, high ceilings, large windows and wooden floors. Large rooms, very light and airy. Awarded 4* Grading by VisitScotland. Close to: the Meadows/Holyrood Park, Arthurs seat, the University and Edinburgh's Commonwealth Pool. All rates INC : Tea/Coffee/Milk. 5 Mins walk from Supermarket. 7 Mins walk to Royal Mile. 12 Mins walk to Princes St. On great bus route to all over the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southside Superior Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- Destination Edinburgh Southside Apartments Scotland