Castle Park Guest House
US$482
US$414
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$245
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Pool
US$174
US$169
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$137
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$146
US$139
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb and bcity centreenjoyed our staydrivewayguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for New Year. 30 December to 2 January.
Room was basic but clean and had all you needed to stay.
No problems with the tv channels it was just on a different setting. A previous reviewer complained that the tea and coffee pots at breakfast are plastic. They are actually Thermos pots to keep your drink hot.
As for the breakfast all freshly cooked and in any compilation you would like. Eggs on toast with bacon is enough for myself. Lots of good cereals to choose from and fresh juice.
Easy walk into the city and plenty of pubs and restaurants close by.
On the down side, room was a bit cold and no spare blankets, the bed although large was only short. Otherwise a lovely place to stay. With helpful welcoming staff

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Close enough to walk into town for the day. First come first served parking. Varied breakfast . Clean but basic rooms and bathrooms. We had a triple for the two of us so we had plenty of room. If you are looking for a clean, friendly place this will do fine.

Room Tip: Back facing would be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Welcomed by a man in Flip flops, told that there was parking at an other property, The reception is Orange and dirty. We were not shown to our room just told what room we were in. The bed was clean, but the headboard was too big for the bed ,the night stands were very dusty, the ensuite was clean, but nowhere to put a toilet bag, the cistern ran most of the night. The T.V. only had 1 working station no radio. The curtains were hanging of the pole and the net only just covered the window. 1 glass for both to share, ans a plastic box with old teabags.
Breakfast was bad, no choice of cooked, just a 'Scottish' breakfast or cereal. My husband had the breakfast, which had been pre cooked and then microwaved to beyond death, the sausage was one step away from solid carbon.1 small pot of tea for 2 served in a plastic tea pot which was stained all over.
There was the remains of a shower behind the main door and bits in the garden.

Room Tip: There are lots more B&Bs in this road, don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DawnAsgardB_B
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Compared to quite a lot B&Bs I stayed in this was perfect for me.
City centre, train stations (Haymarket) in walking distance for me. There were also bus stops nearby, but I didn't need them. Also there is movie theatres (wanted to see some movies so perfect) not to far away.
I found my room, the bathroom and the dining room clean. The TV had lots of programes and the breakfast was plenty and freshly cooked (I liked the full scottish breakfast very much) on my arrival at the dining room. Also there was fresh fruit, cereals, cheese, jam... available. My room was booked with private bathroom which was in my case across the corridor. This was fine by me and I never had such a huge bathroom in a bed-and-breakfast before. Also I had a room on the top floor which gave me fine looks over parts of the city/Arthur's seat. I liked it very much. I was there in November so it was not fully booked and very quiet. Value for money: excellent as far as I am concerned.
Would definitely go there again.

PS: Of course: the stairs are narrow and steep, the rooms are small, but this is not unexpected if you ever stayed in a B&B in the UK before... And for me it is not a crucial factor...

Room Tip: Top floor single room (out the back) with separate bathroom (out the steet) worked perfectly for me.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Anakin78
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We arrived at the castle park guest house for our stay in edinburgh,the entrance hall was tidy,but carpet was very badly stained.The staff were helpful and took our cases up for us,the room was a double,it was very small room for two people it should have been a single room,it had a single wardrobe not very much room for all our clothes.The bed was very comfortable,the shower room was also very small and not much room to move,you could use the toilet the same time as the hand basin.There were splashes on the wall which could easily be wiped off,the quilt cover was stained it should be chucked.The shower was a good one ,The owner insists on the first day you pay your bill and we were there 6days.The breakfast well there was no menu to say what was for breakfast,you could only have a cooked breakfast with fried egg or scramble egg done in the mirco-wave yuck,no other cooked choices,my husband asked for boiled eggs they arrived runny and raw they were sent back ,the owner became grumpy and the eggs came back but only one arrived instead of two.Between mon/thur the girl that served us breakfast was not attentive and she was very vague and lazy,when the cooked breakfast arrived it was on cold plates.The coffee was yuck the toast was like plastic yuck there was no brown bread they did not do brown only white plastic bread.The guest house is in need of a refurb.Also when you pay your bill, beware of paying by credit card you will be charged 5 per-cent on top of your bill.From fri/sun we had another girl serving us at breakfast she knew what she was doing compare with the other one,it was a breath of fresh air,we would not stop here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple