Hotel is distinctly average Novotel, whilst probably good value soulless as a hotel.
We actually stayed courtesy of Novotel Prague having had a poor experience there; so we picked a hotel closer to home to try out with our baby daughter. Check-in was pleasant enough, although we had to request a room with bath for our daughter - the room available however was cramped and that was without a cot; a lot smaller than what we had in Prague. The staff were brilliant though, understanding our predicament and upgrading us.
The pool was fun and very quiet late afternoon and at checking out time; there was also substantial gym equipment.
Bar/restaurant was quiet and a bit soulless but food was fine.
Breakfast was well provisioned, a good point for all Novotels in my opinion.
Service for rooms fell short a bit, fridge wasn't restocked, nor was coffee/tea. We had to ask for milk too and that wasn't provided over willingly. Maybe they don't expect people to hang about but with a baby we had a bit of "room time".
Where the hotel scores is location. If you are coming to Edinburgh to be a day and early evening tourist then this is the place to be (shouldn't be as expensive as some city centre hotels). There is an easy rail connection to Edinburgh city centre 2 minutes away with a 10 minute journey. You can have a pleasant day in Edinburgh get a meal and then train back (just make sure you don't miss the last one as a taxi will be expensive). Also close to the airport although that would be a taxi journey as no direct link until the tram project completes (airport bus 35 passes nearby but still a walk away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland