My husband and I had our wedding here 5 years ago on 2nd May 2009. Our wedding was the best day ever, and every single thing went to plan, mainly down to the amazing Wedding Co-Ordinator Kim Gallaher. On our 1st wedding anniversary they invited us back for a beautiful complimentary meal, which was stunning.
This year, we were blown away with Kim, and the staff at Novotel Edinburgh Park, with their thoughtfulness and generosity. We were given a complimentary overnight stay on Saturday 3rd May for our 5th wedding anniversary, bed and breakfast, in one of their beautiful suites, not our original honeymoon suite as there was a wedding on that night.
We arrived to a gorgeous hand-tied bouquet of flowers resembling those used in my wedding bouquet and the top table flowers, in our suite. Then 10minutes later, Kim arrived at our door with a very nice bottle of Prosecco on ice.
We then used the child-free time, to pop into town, jumping on the train 2 minutes walk from the hotel, and straight into Waverley, enjoying some time looking at shops on Princes Street, and a cocktail or two on George Street, then getting the train back, in time for dinner.
We had our evening meal in the Elements restraint, part of the hotel. From the minute we arrived and gave our room number, we were treated like royalty, with the detail 'VIP' replacing our surname on the booking sheet!! Food was stunning, starter, mains and dessert. Service perfect, staff all friendly, all congratulating us on our anniversary. The small details of the staff being informed of the purpose of our stay was lovely.
We were also provided with complimentary movies within out suite all evening.
We were given a late checkout on the Sunday to allow our 3 year old daughter to join us, and go for a swim in the hotel pool.
Everything was spotless, the suite, bathrooms, public toilets, restaurant etc. Such a welcoming hotel, staff are so lovely. Even on checking out, a mention of our anniversary from the receptionist, and checking we had enjoyed our stay.
I know the location of this hotel would not be everyone's first thought for a wedding venue, but PLEASE, I would urge you to have a look, you will not be disappointed! We would do it all again in a flash, and could not recommend them highly enough.
A HUGE THANK YOU to Kim and everyone at Novotel Edinburgh Park, it was a wedding, and anniversary to remember forever xxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland