“bit overpriced”

Ranked #82 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“bit overpriced”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

the hotel is not bad, but is not worth the money we paid. £ 160 for filthy room, no breakfast included. Staff nice and friendly, Jean delightful...Good food, we enjoyed fish and chips and good choice of wine.Very small pool, but OK.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 423travellor
ManagerNovotelEP, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry if you felt your room was not up to our standards. Our Housekeeping department work very hard but I will pass on your comments for their immediate attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Edinburgh Park.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ayrshire
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here when we visited the highland show. Didn't check in till 8.00pm but parked the car at the hotel and got a taxi to the show.
Check in was swift and we retrieved our bags which they took for us earlier. Considering the price of the room I expected it to be a little bigger and cleaner , we discovered litter under the bed. I was a bit taken aback that having paid £180 for the room that they wanted extra for breakfast nearly £30 for two adults maybe it was the look of shock on my face that made the lady quickly tell me but kids eat free . For the price paid I would have expected the breakfast to be table service but no self service which meant lukewarm food and tea served from a flask.
The floor was filthy and there was a hole in the floor next to the window which resulted in my wife s chair tipping over throwing her against the window.
The hotel is next to the tram station and rail line so don't expect a quite night if your a light sleeper. One plus though , the staff at the bar especially the young scottish fella ( whose name escapes me ) who was polite and speedy with his service.
Sorry Novotel to expensive not worth the money won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front away from trams if light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review. I believe we have spoken and resolved any problems you encountered on your stay.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights when working in Edinburgh and liked it. Hotel staff are really friendly, food at breakfast and lunch was great. I ended up working from this hotel in the day and the staff were very helpful, getting me and colleagues extension leads so we could plug our laptops in.
Pool is quite small but lovely and warm, it also wasn't too busy in the morning. I used the fitness centre once and although it's small it did me fine for a quick workout.
It's next to a new tram stop and it's about 20 mins from airport one way and 20 mins to Edinburgh centre stops.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Edinburgh Park. We are pleased you were happy with our customer service.
norwich
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I took my fiancé to Edinburgh for his birthday, we had two nights in the Novotel Edinburgh park. Upon booking the hotel I was asked if we had any special requirements, a box I usually leave blank when booking a hotel! I put in the box that it was a birthday weekend away and anything they could do to make it special would be great, I didn't expect to get anything from this but I though if give it a go! The hotel was no more than 20 mins from the airport via tram and check in was quick and easy. We had been in our room about 30 mins when a member of staff came to the door with a tray of chocolates and strawberries as a birthday treat! This was a lovely gesture. The hotel was clean, breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice, and transport links were great, it only took 10-15 mins to get to princes street via tram and both the tram and train station are only a 2 min walk away. The staff at the hotel were great, very helpful and always willing to help. The pool was lovely as was the steam room, I can imagine at times these May get busy but during our stay we were the only ones using them. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerNovotelEP, General Manager at Novotel Edinburgh Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Edinburgh Park. We are so glad you both enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to help you celebrate your Fiance's birthday.We hope to see you both in the very near future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful room it was well worth up grading to executive suite the view was great of the rolling hills yes it over looks KFC and the doughnut shop which but the way will kill your waistline but worth it. It is a little pricey in the restaurant but tesco do a good enough job. The tram is really good 15 mins in to town for £3.00 a couple compared to £17.00 taxi if you go by car good luck. The rooms can get very warm but if you have a balcony the keys are at reception. I was a little disappointed on our last night we are at the hotel which I thought was a bit scruffy in comparison to the rest of the fab hotel and very expensive but had to try it. Would book there again we had a good time and the pool a must try it's like a hot bath bliss

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review . We hope our future guests find it informative.
Maidenhead
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel serves the business in Edinburgh Park estate, but is convenient being next to both the train and new tram service. As a Le Club Platinum member I had booked an Exec room and was given a suite, which was roomy. The air circulation was stuck on warm, but it was bearable. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. Breakfast was busy - it look like the hotel is also popular with American tour groups. No view to speak of, but you're not far from a short commute to Edinburgh

Room Tip: If your room is outward facing, you're either facing the business park or the giant Krispy Kreme...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Novotel Edinburgh Park. We hope to see you again very soon.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is extremely convenient if you are arriving to Edinburgh with a car. There is ample free parking available and it is a 3 minute walk from the Edinburgh Park train station. A round trip ticket into Edinburgh costs £3pp.

The rooms are very clean, well furnished, and quiet. Our window faced the train tracks and we couldn’t hear a thing. The hotel’s pool and gym also looked nice, but we didn’t have a chance to use them.

We left a coat in the room. Upon emailing the hotel I was told that they would mail it back free of charge if it cost less than £5. A week later a package was waiting for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Novotel Edinburgh Park. Your review is very helpful and we are glad you recieved your coat safely.