During a visit to Edinburgh I stayed at the Novotel Edinburgh Park on a room only basis as breakfast was £13.95 per person. As I am a veggie am daughter a vegan we thought it would be cheaper to eat in town... anyway on checking in we were informed breakfast was actually £7.95...
After a long foot slog round town that day we decided that probably it was best to have breakfast in the hotel before attending the Uni open day. The next morning I went to reception and asked to be upgraded to breakfast and did they want paying now or on check out.. "on check out just tell the restaurant staff you have spoken to us'... which I did and was duly seated promptly offered coffee, I went and got my food from the buffet and was half way through what was an enjoyable meal; when a member of staff came to our table and informed me I hadn't paid.. I explained what had happened, again I was told I hadn't paid for the breakfast, quite loudly and to be honest I was slightly embarrassed about all the fuss. I left my breakfast half eaten and accompanied the member of staff to reception, who informed me that they didn't have a swipe of my debit card and as such I had not paid... exasperated by now I reminded them that I had just offered to pay and that I was told it would be sorted at check out 'no' you must pay now... so we went back to the restaurant to pay only to be charged £13.95 per person... steadily losing my will to live I explained what I was told at check in, again another debacle ensued whilst a supervisor was called... eventually being charged the correct amount, no apology though: 20 minutes had passed since I had left my meal which was now stone cold... appetite gone and in a foul mood for the rest of the mornings.
This level of customer service and communication would make an excellent entry in next years comedy festival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Edinburgh Park is ideally located for a city break in Edinburgh. The hotel is a two-minute walk to Edinburgh Park tram and train station providing easy access to the Airport and Edinburgh city centre. The 170 rooms are spacious and have a contemporary design with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Our in-house Restaurant is the perfect spot for a bite to eat after a busy day sightseeing, serving quality food and drink in relaxed surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Edinburgh Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Park
- Edinburgh Novotel
- Novotel Edinburgh Park Scotland