“Perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Old Town apartment

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sitting Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Philadelphia
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband, myself, son and friend, and 17 year old daughter really enjoyed our stay at this apartment. The location is literally next to the castle (the last building before the castle) and is ideally located. We could not have picked a better location. Across the street and down the steps is a market area with great restaurants. We really enjoyed Petit Paris, recommended by Mary, the owner. She was a pleasure to deal with, great communication and she met us promptly at the apartment as planned. The apartment was ideal for our family, exactly as pictured. The beds, linens, pillows and towels were all high quality. I would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
14 Aug 2016
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh and our apartment. It was lovely to meet you all. I would not hesitate in recommending this family to other hosts.
I would love to welcome you back sometime.
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.
Mary.
Andrew M
Brisbane, Australia
“A great apartment in central Edinburgh”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We had a great stay at Old Town 163. It is a really big apartment with plenty of space. The apartment is tastefully decorated and we'll kitted out.

Mary was very organised and was there to meet us when we arrived (and was very nice when we arrived late after underestimating Edinburgh traffic).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tasteful decorations.
Liked least: Wifi was a bit slow.
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
31 Jul 2016
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Old Town 163. It was lovely to meet you all and a pleasure to have you as guests. I would not hesitate in recommending this family to other hosts.I would be happy to welcome you back if ever you return to Edinburgh.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Kati T
“Best Location in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This beautiful apartment is next door to the Edinburgh Castle. I can't think of a better location for a holiday in Edinburgh. There are restaurants across the street and the Royal Mile is just around the corner. The flat itself is up two flights of stairs and worth every step. The king bed is soft and my Family enjoyed the plush twin beds in the second room. I enjoyed the decor so much that I bought matching pillows at the Edinburgh Tartan Mill (near the entrance to the castle). One final note: Mary was kind enough to wait for us even though our flight was delayed. She was so gracious and made us feel right at home. I wish I could give this flat six stars.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
30 Jul 2016
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Edinburgh and the apartment.Our aim is to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and it gives us great great pleasure when we have succeeded in doing so. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would love to welcome you back if ever you return to Edinburgh.
averydog
Richmond, Canada
“Absolutely Charming”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We LOVED this rental. Very beautifully decorated. Lots of thoughtful details included. Mary was an excellent host. Easy to contact, she even made an extra effort to get us more shortbread cookies after we ate all of the ones she had originally left us. The location of the apartment is excellent - couldn't be better.

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
15 Jul 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It was fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and Edinburgh. It was lovely to meet you all and I would be more than happy to welcome you back one day.
xac8
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“spacious, lovely and very central apartment”
Reviewed 4 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a great in Edinburgh largely due to the central location of this apartment. It is the last building before the entrance to the castle. Mary , the owner, was very helpful and kept the perfect balance between being helpful but not overbearing. The apartment is on the first floor above some exterior stairs (around 12 stairs). It is spacious with all amenities. Very convenient for all attractions. Minor misinterpretation of amenties in that we required 2 self contained bathrooms as we were 2 seperate parties but there is only a small room with toilet and sink next to the bathroom with toilet sink and shower. This was not a problem though ( although one of the main reasons we choose it was for the 2 seperate bathrooms). I highly recommend this apartment if you only have a few days and want to visit as many of the sights as possible.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and size, quality of apartment
Liked least: not 2 seperate bathrooms as advertised
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
5 Jun 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh. I did not realise that you needed or were expecting two bathrooms. I can only apologize for any confusion.
The apartment has one main bathroom with a walk in shower, toilet, wash basin and a separate very small room with a toilet and washbasin.I would not want to mislead anyone so I will check over description just in case it is confusing.
It was a pleasure to meet you and have you as guests and I would be more than happy to welcome you back sometime.
Kristin W
Buffalo, New York
“Amazing flat!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our family made our first trip to Edinburgh and stayed here for a few days. The owner Mary was very nice and met us at the apartment. She was very helpful and the flat was more than we expected! Very clean and beautifully decorated. The owner was kind enough to leave cookies and basic necessities like coffee, milk, and orange juice. Those little touches are the best! Great location next to the Royal Mile!

Travelling group: Extended Family
5 Jun 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests.I am so happy that you enjoyed your first trip to Edinburgh. I would love to welcome you back sometime in the future.
Kelli R
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 31 May 2016 for a stay in August 2015

The property was beautiful and could not have been in a better location to explore Edinburgh. We had 4 adults and a toddler and would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was a little tricky to get luggage in and out since it's a second-floor walk-up, but totally worth it.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Young Children
5 Jun 2016
It was a pleasure to have Kelli and her guests to stay. I would not hesitate in recommending them as guests and hope that I might welcome them back sometime. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing