“Great service, very average food”
Review of Bar Napoli

Bar Napoli
Ranked #607 of 2,639 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Family ate here this weekend, service good, the Italian waiters do well with children. However, the food was average, there was no children's menu and I could not eat my carbonara, it was just horrible. Such a pity as it is a great location. It's also a bit dark, although clean enough! Can't think I would recommend. Sorry!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have eaten in Bar Napoli on a number of occasions over the years, the last couple of visits the food has been average, however my latest visit turned out to be my last, shocking customer service, we were celabrating a birthday lunch, and asked the waiter if I can change the pasta on the luch menue to Gluten Free, he then said we had to buy it from the ala cart, which in theory would cost an extra £5 just for a change of pasta shell, not the sauce, I asked another waiter and she said it should not be a problem, however we had to stick to waiter assigned to our table, we asked once more just incase he misunderstood my request, I was wrong he did understand, again buy it off the lunch menu, then turned away to serve someone else, well done, we walked out, very poor show.

2  Thank vincent1965
Reviewed 14 April 2014

On a day trip to Edinburgh we stumbled upon this Italian restaurant a stone's throw from the shopping area. A special offer board outside caught our eye and we decided to give it a go. This proved to be a very good decision! We were offered a la carte menus along with a more limited offering of 3 courses for £5.95 per person. What a bargain this turned out to be! We selected different starters and I had the homemade pate which was one of the best I have tasted. my friends opted for stuffed mushroom with a lovely breadcrumb outer - also delicious. For mains we chose pasta, risotto and chicken. My pasta dish was enormous and no way could I finish it. The seafood risotto was packed with seafood and the rice consistency was perfect. The chicken dish was accompanied by mouth watering roast potatoes. There was a more limited choice of dessert but my apple crumble and custard was yummy. Soft drinks were a reasonable £1.95 per person so a really well priced offering. Excellent pleasant service too - will definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stumbled on Bar Napoli by accident. Standard Italian cafe/bar. What is surprising is that the three course lunch menu is £5.75 per head. That's right, £5.75 a head for three courses. We were a bit suspicious to start with but these are full size portions and perfectly acceptable quality. In fact, it was so good we went back a second time!

1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Visited here to celebrate by sisters 30th birthday we where a party of 5 and i don't know what to say!!! All the staff made a massive effort, we felt like the only party in the restaurant despite every table been full!!! The portion sizes are huge and they are delicious too defiantly value for money this is our first visit to the restaurant and we will be returning when we return to Edinburgh!!

1  Thank carrie r