“Service was shocking!!!!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Absolutely shocking attitudes from the waiters (mainly the guys) we arrived in to the restaurant and asked one of the waiters who was an older gentlemen (in fact nothing gentlemen about him at all) with white hair if we could have a table for 2. He then with utter shock to us said "I'm too busy to serve you" and turned his back. We then asked a waitress who then eventually sat us down. Throughout ordering the pizza when we sat down we had another RUDE young waiter. I will not recommend anyone to go here until I know the customer service has changed big time!! Disgraceful

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went in this place by chance as I was looking for a place for dinner in Edinburgh ..... Very nice warm and hearty feeling to the place, staff were friendly (one or two were a bit grumpy but very efficient ). They all spoke Italian as well which gave you a feeling you were in Italy ..... Food was lovely, big portions and very tasty and we'll cooked, slightly pricey but you get a lot for your money....

It's not top end fine dining, but a very authentic warm taste of Italy which I thoroughly enjoyed...

Would I recommend this place..... YES.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We always try to eat at independent restaurants rather than the big chains and we are glad we did. Two huge bowls of perfectly cooked, tasty pasta, a portion of crusty garlic bread, large wine and pint of beer came to under £25. Service was friendly, restaurant had a good atmosphere, food was delicious. Definitely couldn't have eaten 3 courses., though i noted they do a 3 course lunch at 6.99.

1  Thank L C
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Went yesterday and had the seafood Risotto which was dry and the Calamari was Rubbery.

It is reasonably priced and the service was quick but the quality was not good. Disappointed

1  Thank R0byn14
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed in Edinburgh for many years & remember when the Italian restaurants 'going down to Queen Street' from Princes Street offeredgraet value for money. Small intimate friendly, with good food at good prices. I have been away a few years & tried Napoli..
A mistake, cheap set lunch menu - yes- but poor service, the plates plonked down on the table with no communication from the waiters. Dessert was supposed to be apple crumble- the waiter brought ice cream with a red sauce- 'We asked for apple crumble..' 'None left you can have this ice cream' & the waiter left. I'm not going back.

1  Thank David S