“Used to love it, not any more”
Review of Bar Napoli

Bar Napoli
Ranked #420 of 2,529 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Used to love it, not any more”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have had a fabulous meal on each visit to Edinburgh previously. Usually go to town, and have 3 courses, with coffee and a bottle of wine....all off the full price menu - not special offers, and usually spend quite a bit of money. Made a beeline on this trip expecting the same wonderfull experience of past visits. Arrived 10 minutes after opening. There was a couple at one table in the middle of the restaurant, and a family with young children sat at the back. It was a hot day, and I wanted to sit at one of the empty tables near the door to enjoy the cool air, but was told rather rudely that I could not sit there. We were taken to a table at the back and were told we must sit there - at the table next to the family. I asked again about sitting at the front, and was just ignored. At this point, I turned round and walked out. We went to another restaurant and spent over £80. Can a small business afford to turn away business like this? Apparantly so!! Won't be back.

1 Thank A S

• Korean first
Ohio
“Great Veal”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I eat there with my wife on June 19. We both ordered veal dinners. Both were fantastic and the sauces were out of this world. If I every get back to Edinburgh I will but this place at the top of my list.

Perth
“Great food! Great service!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner food was lovely and staff were extremely pleasant we had our 2 year old with us and the staff were great with him also! Will definitely be going back here! X

Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Lunch menu is excellent value”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I visited for lunch and took advantage of the unbeatable value of the lunch menu - 3 courses for £5.75

My main course of a Margherita pizza was very good though my garlic bread starter was somewhat lack lustre.

Edinburgh
“Very disappointing attitude”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter was one of a group of 19 sixth year young people invited to eat at Bar Napoli for a friends birthday on Thursday 12th June. She was one of 3 who were first to arrive and they were treated very disrespectfully by the staff from the outset, asked to stand outside and treated as if they were a problem in some way. Although I understand that the staff were concerned about a booking for so many people, that had not apparently been confirmed on the day, I do not think that is an excuse for talking down and dismissively to any of them. In the end 19 of them showed up - a great income for the restaurant on a Thursday evening . . . but my daughter won't be taking her friends there for her birthday in July and I won't be there with my friends either any time soon.

2 Thank Macmommybear