“Rude Manageress - 'we need to understand they are busy!!'”
Review of Bar Napoli

Bar Napoli
Ranked #485 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: New Town
Muir of Ord, United Kingdom
“Rude Manageress - 'we need to understand they are busy!!'”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where do I start.... I could write a book. Terrible from start to finish. Stumbled across this disaster of a place and wish we went to Pizza Express or Bella Italia. It all started after we were served our drinks. Our waitress forgot we existed. Another waiter noticed we were looking for attention to order and kindly took our order. When my starter arrived there was a black hair on the plate (later the Manageress told us she found this strange as all chefs are bald, might add we are both blonde!). Slightly disappointed by the two hiccups, I thought I wouldn't judge just yet, they can redeem themselves with the main. Then our cannelloni arrived as a lasagne (which the Manageress told us it's difficult to tell the difference) and our pizza was nothing special. By the time our fresh cannelloni arrived we had lost our appetites with disappointment. When we requested the bill, it arrived on our table full price! I asked our waitress if we could speak to her Manager and when she spoke with her Manager she approached our table shaking her head! Instant attitude. Never ones to complain, we told her our problems with the meal/whole experience. She instantly got her back up and challenged everything we had to say. She said we had to understand they were busy and the Highland Show was on. God help you love when the Festival is on!!! She very kindly took the cannelloni of our bill. However, I don't even think it was worth that. RUBBISH SERVICE, POOR QUAITY FOOD, DISRESPECTFUL MANAGERESS!!!!! This restaurant has potential, from what I gathered, most of their staff were Italian which was really authentic. Looking back, we would've been better getting a Dominoes Pizza delivered to our room. I would suggest the owner looks into some customer service courses for his/her staff. Spoke with a barman the following day and he said this place has a terrible reputation and attracts drunks in the early hours of the morning.... says it all really.........

2 Thank Jemba_83

• Korean first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Used to love it, not any more”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have had a fabulous meal on each visit to Edinburgh previously. Usually go to town, and have 3 courses, with coffee and a bottle of wine....all off the full price menu - not special offers, and usually spend quite a bit of money. Made a beeline on this trip expecting the same wonderfull experience of past visits. Arrived 10 minutes after opening. There was a couple at one table in the middle of the restaurant, and a family with young children sat at the back. It was a hot day, and I wanted to sit at one of the empty tables near the door to enjoy the cool air, but was told rather rudely that I could not sit there. We were taken to a table at the back and were told we must sit there - at the table next to the family. I asked again about sitting at the front, and was just ignored. At this point, I turned round and walked out. We went to another restaurant and spent over £80. Can a small business afford to turn away business like this? Apparantly so!! Won't be back.

1 Thank A S
Ohio
“Great Veal”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I eat there with my wife on June 19. We both ordered veal dinners. Both were fantastic and the sauces were out of this world. If I every get back to Edinburgh I will but this place at the top of my list.

Perth
“Great food! Great service!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner food was lovely and staff were extremely pleasant we had our 2 year old with us and the staff were great with him also! Will definitely be going back here! X

Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Lunch menu is excellent value”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I visited for lunch and took advantage of the unbeatable value of the lunch menu - 3 courses for £5.75

My main course of a Margherita pizza was very good though my garlic bread starter was somewhat lack lustre.