“Delicious soups and cakes”

Hendersons Salad Table Restaurant
Ranked #537 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Established in 1963, Scotland's first vegetarian restaurant "The Salad Table" is still proudly serving fresh, wholesome and tasty food. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or visit our deli shop for some takeaway and a loaf from our onsite organic bakery. Our restaurant is set up cafeteria style, offering a relaxed and informal dining experience, featuring live music every night, it's perfect for families, young and old, and still run as Janet Henderson envisioned 53 years ago.
Manchester
“Delicious soups and cakes”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I love this little place! The food looks very delicious and healthy. Even though I am not a vegetarian, but with Henderson's food you can see the appeal!

I would recommend their soups and cakes. See my pictures. I have not had better soups than there.

Food is fresh, staff very friendly and welcoming, lots of tables downstairs. I regret I only stayed in Edinburgh for 2 nights, because I miss their food so much!

• Visited March 2013

Manchester, UK
“Old-style, no-nonsense bistro”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times with my family and we really like it. It's a bit like stepping back to a 1970s bistro for no-nonsense, no-frills food (quiche, curry, lasagne, salad bowls, etc) but all really nicely cooked and prepared and staff are friendly. Some nice puddings too. As vegetarians it's nice to go somewhere where we can eat anything on the menu.

• Visited September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Great veggie food”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We ate dinner here 2 times. The prices for a meal are around 10£. But, being a poor student, it was one of the cheapest places to eat, since they allow you to drink free tap water. (other restaurants don't often allow this). I tried the Irish stew, and the nutburger. My friend tried the lasagna and the main salad (with very tasty tofu). The portions were not really big, but enough to get you through the night. The taste was great, and the staff were very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Henderson's”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fun food options catering to GF, DF, Vegan, Veggies alike. Cafe style, no frills but food is worth it.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Had a lovely simple falafel and pitta bread dish beautifully presented and tasted delicious i would visit again

• Visited August 2013