“Superb!”

Ranked #997 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Busy place even early on a Wednesday even on a Wednesday evening.

Staff very friendly and happy for me to order a half portion of main meal.

Extensive menu with lots if options. Pasta was cooked to perfection.

Been here before and it never disappoints!

There are newer reviews for La Rusticana

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We came for dinner with 2 young children and chose it because it didn't look too formal. We were welcomed and seated and the Italian owner was immediately friendly to the children. The restaurant is quite dated and looked fairly tacky with Pavarotti and Sofia Loren pictures and Italian nicknacks all around. I was actually very pleasantly surprised when the food arrived and my tagliatelle Alfredo was really delicious. Much better than I was expecting. It was really rich and tasty and as good as you will get anywhere. My wife said her carbonara was lovely and the kids ate all their pasta dishes too. Garlic bread was fine as well. The wine list was basic and I just took a glass of house red which was rustic, true to the restaurant's name. We didn't have dessert as the kids were tired and needed to go to bed. The bill came to £40 including tip so very good value. I would recommend to anyone for the food alone. It was certainly child friendly when we were there at around six o'clock. I expect it gets busy later and they may be less accommodating but most families will tend to eat early anyway.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited here on Sunday with my partner, we were using a voucher but this did not effect the food or service both were fantastic. Starters of Melon in port very refreshing, Garlic mushrooms were large & tasty. Mains were Spaghetti Pescatore absolutely delicious and very plentiful, Tagliatelle Alfredo ham mushroom & garlic in a cream sauce again beautiful. Desert was Tiramisu yummy !! Service was superb well done !!!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A wide choice of Italian restaurants, decided on this as it looked very traditional, just what my husband wanted. Welcomed by the owner who was very pleasant. An extensive menu, so large it took us an age to decided but we were not rushed at all. Had a shared starter with lots of meats and the garlic bread. The bread was beautiful, definitely traditional garlic bread not like a lot you get swimming in butter. Both of us had tagliatelle but in different sauces, both thoroughly enjoyed it. Pasta cooked to perfection. Large portions, to full for a dessert. Also had a bottle of wine and the bill was very reasonable. Although the restaurant was quite busy not rushed to vacate our seats. Would go again when in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Greeted warmly and seated with menus. As we had a voucher we were advised where to look on the menu. Plenty of choice. Authentic Italian food well presented and served with great humour .Busy but the waiter moved like Usain Bolt and seemed to be everywhere. Would definitely return