“10 excellent meals”

Price range: US$13 - US$56
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Established in 1996, Smoke Stack has been serving the discerning meat eaters of Edinburgh the finest Scotch Beef fo nearly 20 years. We also have a range of burgers, salads and sandwiches, healthy kids menu, an Express Menu for lunch or pre-theatre dining and a brunch menu at the weekends with waffles, traditional breakfasts, fresh smoothies etc. Why go anywhere else?
aberdeen
“10 excellent meals”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Group of 10 had no complaints with any of the starters or mains. The choice we had was very varied so I would suggest the overall rating seems low. We ate on a Friday night but would recommend the lunch time 2 course meal as something worth looking at The starter ribs was a meal for many with a smaller appetite

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited here for an late breakfast with my family and we both ordered some of the waffles from the menu. I went for the waffles, topped with scrambled egg and Scottish Smoked Salmon. Usually I wouldn't go for savoury waffles but it was absolutely delicious. The guy that served us was great and also took the effort to chat to us as he was working; creating a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. They asked whether we'd like the drinks with or before the meal, which adds a special touch. Usually it's just served together, but the staff took the time to cater for us properly. The food was quick, being served in under ten minutes for both of the plates of food; in the mean time we had a glass of orange juice to wet our appetite. The toilets were clean and tidy; always an important thing! And the interior looked very pleasing.

Overall it was perfect, couldn't find fault with anything and next time we'll be back to taste some more things from your menu! Thankyou (:

• Visited April 2014
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had bought an itison voucher for here & was pleasantly surprised! I had the full cooked breakfast & my mum had the pancake stack. Everything was delicious, good quality produce freshly cooked! Served by very friendly staff. Will defiantly be back :-)

• Visited April 2014
“Average”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came here for dinner one night recently with my girlfriend. We had the ribs to start which were pretty good. For mains I had the steak fajitas, which were pretty average, I found the steak strips very chewy and was a little disappointed. My girlfriend has a steak pie which was very poor, not the nicest tasting and the pastry was just put on top of the pot holding the steak and gravy, certainly not the most impressive steak pie! Overall the service was good enough but found the whole experience very average.

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Good dinner, not so good brunch”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I visited Smoke Stack for dinner with a friend as we had heard great things about the steaks. The rumors proved to be true and I enjoyed a delicious, juicy steak. My friend was not so impressed with her steak as she found it a bit chewy.

I returned for brunch which was disappointingly average. The food was fine but a bit bland, the coffee wasn't great and the oj was not fresh. I'm sure there are better spots for brunch. However, the service and atmosphere in this place is very nice.

• Visited February 2014