“Fantastic Food Fantastic Service”
Review of Smoke Stack

Smoke Stack
Ranked #224 of 2,512 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$56
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Established in 1996, Smoke Stack has been serving the discerning meat eaters of Edinburgh the finest Scotch Beef fo nearly 20 years. We also have a range of burgers, salads and sandwiches, healthy kids menu, an Express Menu for lunch or pre-theatre dining and a brunch menu at the weekends with waffles, traditional breakfasts, fresh smoothies etc. Why go anywhere else?
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food Fantastic Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a recent trip to Edinburgh for the half marathon, hunt around for somewhere child friendly that could still give us a good meal, and accommodate 6 adults + toddler.
The Smoke Stack has a great menu to satisfy most tastes, so off we went, from the moment we came in the place just welcomes you all the staff were great and very accommodating
Food well, I have eaten some ribs in my time but I kid you not these are the best I have ever had, I even asked for some bread and a spoon to get all the juice, they are amazing, rest of the starters were good as were the mains.
Great place to eat and prices are very good, YOU MUST TRY THE RIBS !!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tremendous food”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My girlfriend and I booked into the restaurant on my friend's advice (also highly favourable Trip Advisor reviews) and we left thoroughly impressed. The steaks are simply tremendous and the pepper sauce we both had was such a delicious accompaniment to the meat. The macaroni cheese was also very well cooked, if a little large for a side. The service was efficient and prompt, although I think we were surprised with how small the restaurant is. Overall, an excellent dinner.

Glasgow
“Fantastic Steak.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was taken to The Smoke Stack on Friday 9th May by my Girlfriend for a Birthday dinner & I was treated to one of the finest steaks I have had.

We had some cocktails, my girlfriend went for the 'Gin Genie' I believe? It was a gin based one which had Sloe Gin in it anyway and it was amazing, they also made me two very passable Mojitos.

The steaks however were fantastic. We both went for Sirloin and they are very good cuts. The pepper rub adds a good amount to the flavour and would like to go back purely to try the Garlic rub.

We had to eat quickly as we had tickets for an event but would have loved to stay in and try their Desserts as they looked delicious as they came out of the Kitchen.

Thank you for the quick service and tasty dinner on what was a great night.

1 Thank AndrewCM
aberdeen
“10 excellent meals”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Group of 10 had no complaints with any of the starters or mains. The choice we had was very varied so I would suggest the overall rating seems low. We ate on a Friday night but would recommend the lunch time 2 course meal as something worth looking at The starter ribs was a meal for many with a smaller appetite

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited here for an late breakfast with my family and we both ordered some of the waffles from the menu. I went for the waffles, topped with scrambled egg and Scottish Smoked Salmon. Usually I wouldn't go for savoury waffles but it was absolutely delicious. The guy that served us was great and also took the effort to chat to us as he was working; creating a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. They asked whether we'd like the drinks with or before the meal, which adds a special touch. Usually it's just served together, but the staff took the time to cater for us properly. The food was quick, being served in under ten minutes for both of the plates of food; in the mean time we had a glass of orange juice to wet our appetite. The toilets were clean and tidy; always an important thing! And the interior looked very pleasing.

Overall it was perfect, couldn't find fault with anything and next time we'll be back to taste some more things from your menu! Thankyou (:

• Visited April 2014