“Fantastic time ”

Zara's Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #437 of 2,392 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: Zara's is an authentic Mediterranean bistro located in the heart of Edinburgh, Rose Street priding itself upon a warm atmosphere and relaxed ambiance. Having a consistent emphasis on fresh ingredients and a warm, friendly welcome, Zara’s has become one of the rising stars among the many Mediterranean restaurants in the Edinburgh city.
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Just eaten here on a day trip to Edinburgh with our 2 children. Not only was the food excellent, great value for money. The staff were brilliant they sat and drew pictures with the boy's and kept them entertained what a fantastic place cannot recommend it enough. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Adventure605769
Write a reviewReviews (491)

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews before going in we were looking forward to eating here. It was near half 8 when we arrived and the restaurant was full so we asked for a table and were happy to wait outside until one inside became free.

We were given our menus and a few minutes later our table was ready. We ordered our food and some drinks. A while later the table beside us who came in after us received their drinks before us so I asked the girl could we have ours.. she brought them over and apologized and said she was tired.. from a customers point of view.. I don't care if she was tired or not...it was very unprofessional.

After a while the food came and it looked ok but for me I had the hellim which was meant to be with peppers which it was not and when I enquired about this I was given some of the roast pepper dip instead with no explanation or apology. This in the end was not a problem as the dip was actually tasty.

The filo pastry with feta and spinach was disappointing and probably needed a dip of sorts to break up the stodgy cheese flavour.. but for me the worst meal was the calamari.. they were over cooked and rock hard. I couldn't eat them.

At this stage the lady who was serving us was not around and there were 2 men who had been serving some customers earlier, but once they cleared the front of the restaurant they sat down for their own dinner despite there still being customers in the restaurant and I couldn't get their attention.

A few minutes later the lady came back and we got the bill, I did tell her about the calamari and she did remove this from the bill but there was really a lack of interest and absolutely no show of customer service. We paid and left. My friends also found some of their food bland.

Although this place probably depends on a lot of tourists, it should not be a reason to provide mediocre food and limited customer service.

I would absolutely not recommend eating here.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Rose Street is a great location for a mixture of different restaurants.

I chose Zara's and wasn't disappointed, atmosphere was buzzy with a small dining room.

Kitchen was busy, so took a little while to get my dishes, but most were good. Favourites include the baked feta and spicy sausage. The hummus was a little grainy but tasted great, but calamari cooked too long and batter too thick.

Lovely little restaurant though.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Me and my husband have been here 3 times now and each time the meal was PERFECT, staff are lovely people and the chefs are amazing... this is in my opinion, its the best in Edinburgh...

Reviewed 28 May 2017

After chatting you up at the door to convince you to come in, the owner/wait staff turns aloof and does the bare minimum. Mean was uninspiring and certainly not worth the price. Could have gotten a better lamb dish from a kebab van to be honest.