“A toast to the Edinburgh Expert”

Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 250 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours provides affordable private and bespoke walking tours of Scotland's capital city, as well as unique personalised visitor information packages. All tours led by a knowledgeable and experienced local tour guide.
Reviewed 10 August 2015

On one of my two nights in Edinburgh, there happened to be a Whisky Walk scheduled. I wrote to Gareth for more information and it sounded perfect. I kept up with him to see event status as the date drew near but did not commit to booking. He actually wrote to me to say that although I did not book yet, and I would be solo for the Walk, he would be delighted to offer the tour still just for me. His professionalism, along with his consideration and knowledge of the city, made this an excellent experience. The tasting after the tour at the whisky shop on Jeffrey street was a priceless opportunity as well. You feel like a local and not a tourist on holiday.

All reviews
"whiskey tasting"
"two hours"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Got to spend the day with Gareth, he is a very well informed guide, very courteous and respectful, he knows everything there is to know about Edinburgh.
We will definitely recommend him to other tourists.
We had a great day!
Thanks Gareth.

1  Thank ArqJackZyman
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Gareth took us on a distillery/brewery tour of the old industrial quarter between the World's End and Holyrood. The tour was very interesting even for somebody like me who lives (part time) in Edinburgh. Gareth is a really nice guy and easy going with fun facts. He even got back to me with some answers he couldn't get me on the spot.

1  Thank merryharry
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Our experience with The Edinburgh Expert was wonderful from start to finish! Gareth requested information from us at booking about what we wanted to know, see and do while in Edinburgh. He sent us details about events that were occurring during our stay and there were informational tourist materials waiting for us at our flat when we arrived in town. We spent several hours with Gareth ( and his mighty French Bulldog Monty!) on a private walking tour through Edinburgh. We covered a lot of ground, both geographically and historically. Gareth catered our tour based on our requests and he did not disappoint. Even through the rain, we visited places that we would have never found on our own and learned ways around Edinburgh that we used for the remainder of our stay. Would highly recommend Gareth to anyone wanting to see Edinburgh like a local!