Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Perfect tour of Edinburgh

A highly recommended tour. Gareth joined us for a fascinating trip around the town, highlighting... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ajdoel
Fantastic tour of Old Town, worth doing

We did a three hour private tour today around Edinburgh Old Town with Gareth. What a fantastic... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
229dannyw
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$56.93
from US$207.47
from US$20.30
from US$75.65
More Info
All reviews hour tour private walking tour old town great tour royal mile hour walk his knowledge informative tour town tour city's history funny stories four hours nooks and crannies gareth information interests pace
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2018

I booked Gareth for a private tour down the Water of Leith walkway through New Town and Stockbridge. Gareth is extremely charming and has all sorts of interesting historical and trivial facts about places along the way you would either miss or not know about. I cannot say enough nice things about my experience and would highly recommend him for any tour of Edinburgh.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I hired Gareth for a private tour as part of my book research. He was able to tailor his tour perfectly. Even although I'm an Edinburgh resident I learned things I didn't know and we visited sites I'd never seen. I can't recommend him enough.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We took a 3-hour private tour and all enjoyed it immensely. Gareth is extremely knowledgeable about all things Edinburgh (and Scotland more broadly), and shares his knowledge with a light touch and plenty of humour. This is a great way to see some of the lesser-known nooks and crannies of the city and to hear some fascinating stories about its history.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Very manageable group size (7). We did the Old Town/New Town as well as the Royal mile tour. I highly recommend Gareth's tours.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We did a private tour and were looking for an introduction to Edinburgh and some insights that we would have otherwise missed. All boxes were ticked with Gareth's insights, sense of humour and knowledge of Edinburgh and its history.

Best way to kick-off a city visit.