“Outstanding all day tour”

Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 263 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours provides affordable private and bespoke walking tours of Scotland's capital city. All tours led by a knowledgeable and experienced local tour guide. Booking ONLY available directly through my website, for the best price and best service, guaranteed!
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I have taken many walking tours all over Europe and Gareth is one of the best guides. We booked a full day tour of Edinburgh and he took us to all the highlights but also the lesser known, but equally good sights that the printed guidebooks just don't include. He's extremely knowledgeable, personable, and funny, making it a wonderful day. I can't recommend his tours enough.

All reviews
"past and present"
"ask questions"
"friendly guide"

Reviewed 2 June 2018

I booked Gareth for a private tour down the Water of Leith walkway through New Town and Stockbridge. Gareth is extremely charming and has all sorts of interesting historical and trivial facts about places along the way you would either miss or not know about. I cannot say enough nice things about my experience and would highly recommend him for any tour of Edinburgh.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I hired Gareth for a private tour as part of my book research. He was able to tailor his tour perfectly. Even although I'm an Edinburgh resident I learned things I didn't know and we visited sites I'd never seen. I can't recommend him enough.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We took a 3-hour private tour and all enjoyed it immensely. Gareth is extremely knowledgeable about all things Edinburgh (and Scotland more broadly), and shares his knowledge with a light touch and plenty of humour. This is a great way to see some of the lesser-known nooks and crannies of the city and to hear some fascinating stories about its history.