Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Gareth is amazing

Gareth customized our walking tour to our interests, both in advance and on the fly, since we... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
xmas_tours
san francisco
2 hour walking tour (Old & New)

November 2021 Edinburgh is one of those cities that is so steeped into fascinating history and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
carrotcakequeen
Wirral
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$71.71
from US$190.30
from US$21.93
from US$72.69
More Info
All reviews hour tour private walking tour old town great tour royal mile his knowledge hour walk town tour informative tour city's history funny stories four hours nooks and crannies great insight interesting information monty gareth
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2018

On the morning of my first day in Edinburgh, I spent four fascinating hours with Gareth as he led me through the city: New Town first, then the Water of Leith and Dene Village, and finally Old Towm and the Royal Mile. Gareth's command of Edinburgh's history is encyclopedic and goes well beyond icons of Scottish history–– William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Mary Queen of Scots, Sir Walter Scott, etc. –– to include the social and economic history of Edinburgh. This was my first visit to Edinburgh, which I truly enjoyed. It is an amazing place but to really appreciate it, you need to begin your visit with Gareth, as I did.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Very interesting tour. Fluent and witty with good level of detail about history of Edinburgh. Suited us perfectly. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Garth met our family of 6 near our flat to being the tour. Gareth was knowledgeable, attentive to our questions and interests, and a had a great personality. My husband, who is a history buff, grew up near Edinburgh and went to the university there. My daughter also spent a semester in Edinburgh. They both said that Gareth taught them a history of Edinburgh that they didn’t know and he took us to buildings and alleys that they had never been to during their previous stay in Edinburgh. He was able to answer any of our obscure questions about the history with facts, figures, and often with humor. This is not the typical tour - we were able to enjoy Edinburgh without the throngs of tourists and came away with a better understanding of the city and its people. A gem of a tour!

1  Thank fourkidsNyc
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Really enjoyable 3 hour tour with Gareth. Have my wife and I a great insight into history, architecture and culture of Edinburgh.
Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Edinburgh especially if your time is limited

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This walk was time well spent. A lot of information and interesting hidden places. I recommend it to everyone.