Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Previous reviews were correct: Excellent!

Thanks to TripAdvisor, we hired Gareth for a 3 hour tour. First class, friendly, knowledgeable. Do... read more

Reviewed yesterday
elcc55
Westfield, New Jersey
Last minute

I called up Gareth two days before my trip and he was kind enough to fit our family of four in. I... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
StevenRobertson
London

All reviews french bulldog private walking tour hour tour great tour old town historical photos jeffrey street royal mile ins and outs his knowledge perfect introduction personal tour hour walk small group past and present ask questions friendly guide
Reviewed 30 June 2018

On the morning of my first day in Edinburgh, I spent four fascinating hours with Gareth as he led me through the city: New Town first, then the Water of Leith and Dene Village, and finally Old Towm and the Royal Mile. Gareth's command of Edinburgh's history is encyclopedic and goes well beyond icons of Scottish history–– William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Mary Queen of Scots, Sir Walter Scott, etc. –– to include the social and economic history of Edinburgh. This was my first visit to Edinburgh, which I truly enjoyed. It is an amazing place but to really appreciate it, you need to begin your visit with Gareth, as I did.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Very interesting tour. Fluent and witty with good level of detail about history of Edinburgh. Suited us perfectly. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Garth met our family of 6 near our flat to being the tour. Gareth was knowledgeable, attentive to our questions and interests, and a had a great personality. My husband, who is a history buff, grew up near Edinburgh and went to the university there. My daughter also spent a semester in Edinburgh. They both said that Gareth taught them a history of Edinburgh that they didn’t know and he took us to buildings and alleys that they had never been to during their previous stay in Edinburgh. He was able to answer any of our obscure questions about the history with facts, figures, and often with humor. This is not the typical tour - we were able to enjoy Edinburgh without the throngs of tourists and came away with a better understanding of the city and its people. A gem of a tour!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Really enjoyable 3 hour tour with Gareth. Have my wife and I a great insight into history, architecture and culture of Edinburgh.
Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Edinburgh especially if your time is limited

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This walk was time well spent. A lot of information and interesting hidden places. I recommend it to everyone.