Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Last minute

I called up Gareth two days before my trip and he was kind enough to fit our family of four in. I... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
StevenRobertson
London
Perfect Edinburgh Introduction

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 hour walking tour with Gareth and Monty today. It is the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ann P
Seattle, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$12.90
from US$38.60
from US$21.90
from US$59.20
More Info
All reviews french bulldog private walking tour hour tour great tour old town historical photos jeffrey street royal mile ins and outs his knowledge perfect introduction personal tour hour walk small group past and present ask questions friendly guide
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Gareth was lovely! Very friendly and knowledge. The tour was very interesting - history, geography and the evolution of Edinburgh all included! We would definitely recommend this tour to both new and returning visitors (our group had both!)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank 01suzie16
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Gareth is an amazing guide! He is knowledgeable, patient and passionate about his city! I loved the hours we spent learning about the history and culture of this fine city. I enthusiastically recommend this local guide! Thanks again a Gareth!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Curious596313
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We booked a 4 hour private tour with the add on of local food service at the end. For starters, once you book, Gareth makes himself available to answer questions via email before you come. Very helpful- thank you!! I’ve been on many fabulous private tours in other cities, and now Gareth’s tour of Edinburgh is right up there at the top with our favorite tours. We are staying near Dean Village so we started there, and we loved that area. He tied in the New and Old towns so well, told many good stories, showed additional photos on his iPad(love that he does this!), and answered all of our questions. Definitely pay the extra money for the Edinburgh food tasting- another great and unique aspect to his tours. Thanks Gareth for a wonderful day in Edinburgh! You have a gift for guiding people through unknown territory! Keep up the good work! Cheers!

1  Thank 232tracief
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Spent three hours walking with Gareth. Met us on time at our hotel and showed us a walking history of Edinburgh that exposed us to the city beyond the Royal Mile. Gareth is opinionated about Edinburgh which we really appreciated - it is much more interesting to tour a city with someone who has views about its history and present than to just get the generic. Recommended.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank CDMTraveller
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We met Gareth at our hotel and spent the next 2 hours walking through Edinburgh. The tour is a great way to get a feel for the City and a better understanding of how it’s laid out. Gareth is a well versed in the area’s history and introduces you to areas you may not find on your own. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank susanwB4094QT