Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Excellent day out

First - Gareth is a gentleman. We accidentally booked our tour 2 weeks too early, and Gareth turned... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Powerbrokers
Melbourne, Australia
Informative, engaging and witty.

As an Edinburgh local we went on a tour with two of our friends visiting from The Netherlands. I... read more

Reviewed 3 January 2019
Kokomadida

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$64.66
from US$39.59
from US$48.82
from US$55.42
More Info
All reviews french bulldog private walking tour hour tour old town great tour historical photos jeffrey street royal mile ins and outs his knowledge perfect introduction personal tour hour walk small group past and present ask questions friendly guide
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

A very indepth tour with a lot of cool insights and a good portion of humor! We went to places where you normally would not come as an tourist. Which in our opinion a really nice thing to have.

2  Thank KelvinCelcius1
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

I can't recommend Gareth and Edinburgh Expert tours enough. As an Edinburgh local, I know a little bit about my city, but after this tour, I can honestly say I know much more now! Gareth is engaging, funny, witty and an amazing source of information and knowledge. Our tour was well paced and we never felt lost or left behind, even in the busy Edinburgh streets. *Book now as part of your Edinburgh trip

2  Thank Becca B
Reviewed 18 December 2018

Gareth provides ya with a fantastic tour - lots of interesting and varied facts as we walked the city. He paced the walk brilliantly and it’s surprising how much of the city you cover. Also, his historic photos help illustrate the change in the city. Brilliant tour, very friendly man and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.

1  Thank Navigate23752678743
Reviewed 16 December 2018

Thanks to TripAdvisor, we hired Gareth for a 3 hour tour. First class, friendly, knowledgeable. Do it!

1  Thank elcc55
Reviewed 11 December 2018

I called up Gareth two days before my trip and he was kind enough to fit our family of four in. I then proceded to bother him with random questions for two days which was kind enough to answer.

The tour itself, together with Monty the dog, was excellent. Gareth is a nice chap and obviously loves his city but be warned however, Gareth is not a big Harry Potter fan!
We learned so much and felt immediately at ease in Gareth's company.
Excellemt tour.