Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Hugely Informative Tour

Although we live locally we learned so much from this tour. Gareth was very knowledgeable. He can... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 28 November 2020
Vacation51303827625
Custom tour with my doggo!

I found Gareth through a dog friendly website as he usually brings his dog Monty. I was sad to hear... read more

Reviewed 8 November 2020
soniawashere
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$68.25
from US$188.05
from US$19.77
from US$67.77
More Info
All reviews french bulldog hour tour old town great tour private tour royal mile informative tour friendly guide city's history wealth of information three hours highlight of our trip great insight interesting facts highly recommend this tour monty gareth
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2019

As part of my 60th birthday celebrations I wanted to organise a walking tour of Edinburgh for my friends and family, many of whom had never visited the city. I contacted Gareth based on previous reviews, and they weren't wrong, as he organised a personalised tour perfectly. The tour lasted 2 hours and was very informative with a good mix of humour. I thought I knew Edinburgh but I certainly know an awful lot more now. Would definitely recommend Gareth to organise your walking tour of Edinburgh - give those Potter tours etc a miss!

Date of experience: January 2019
4  Thank Oakviewstu
Reviewed 3 January 2019

As an Edinburgh local we went on a tour with two of our friends visiting from The Netherlands. I wasn't expecting to learn much myself.

I'm glad to say I was proven wrong! Gareth is a knowledgeable, warm human being. His knowledge of the city is excellent and it's imparted in a natural and authentic way. I learned loads that I just didn't know!

The two hours we spent with him went by in a blur. Our guests were certainly impressed. As was I!

I can't recommend Edinburgh Expert Walking tours enough! 5/5!

4  Thank Kokomadida
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

A very indepth tour with a lot of cool insights and a good portion of humor! We went to places where you normally would not come as an tourist. Which in our opinion a really nice thing to have.

4  Thank KelvinCelcius1
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

I can't recommend Gareth and Edinburgh Expert tours enough. As an Edinburgh local, I know a little bit about my city, but after this tour, I can honestly say I know much more now! Gareth is engaging, funny, witty and an amazing source of information and knowledge. Our tour was well paced and we never felt lost or left behind, even in the busy Edinburgh streets. *Book now as part of your Edinburgh trip

3  Thank Becca B
Reviewed 18 December 2018

Gareth provides ya with a fantastic tour - lots of interesting and varied facts as we walked the city. He paced the walk brilliantly and it’s surprising how much of the city you cover. Also, his historic photos help illustrate the change in the city. Brilliant tour, very friendly man and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction