“Great lunch”

a room in the west end and Teuchters bar
Reserve with OpenTable
a room in the west end and Teuchters bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Cracking bar and separate bistro in the heart of Edinburgh's Georgian west end.Very popular with locals sampling local craft beers, malt whiskies and world wines. Everything is prepared freshly in the restaurant using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff will look after you. You'll be glad you found us and won't want to leave. Open for breakfast in the bar, lunch and dinner. Famous for watching the rugby!!
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Wanting to watch the rugby in a pub atmosphere we decided to have lunch before the match. A lovely meal although nearly getting hit on the head by the boards hanging on the wall wasn't the best end!

• Visited March 2014

“Would return”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Visited here on sat night with my friends. We opted for the set meal 3 courses & coffee for £24.95. Its byob so it was all great value for money. The food was excellent and I loved the banoffie pie. Some of my friends had the raspberry creme brulee and all of them didnt like this as was very 'jammy' rather than fresh raspberry. But that was the only criticism, would definitely return and staff were great !

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great bar to lose a few hours in....”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I almost don't want to write this review...I love my afternoon trips to Teutchters Bar during my soujorns to the city - a little quiet afternoon sanctuary in the west end just off the throbbing Princess Street and Lothian Road! I urge you to seek it out! The warm cosy bar is so inviting, the staff are always charming and the food - especially the "Mug Menu" of Haggis Stovies, Mac cheese, Cullen Skink is good value, proper old comfort food...tip top chips too (and we all know chips maketh the bar!)

On this visit I shared my secret...so this wasn't a usual visit with Cullen Skink, A large NZ Sauv Blanc (there are 17 wines by the glass on offer) and a good book, the former where still partaken of but the good book made way for good company. I'm now able to report that the venison hot dogs are also really good as is the selection of ales and the warmth of the welcome still up there with the toastiness of the room.

Highly recommended and even though I didn't try it the evening menu looks grand...

• Visited February 2014
“Great place!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Popped in for a late lunch on a rather wet and miserable day.

Staff were very efficient and we ordered from the "mug" menu in the bar. Food was extremely fresh and very tasty and very, very good value for money. Good choice for vegetarians. Real ale on tap also in top notch condition.

This is not my first visit and it certainly will not be my last.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 206Kat
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat at the West End”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had a very pleasant lunch with a group of ladies at the end of January. Good choice of food for most diets very tasty and nicely presented. Although not busy and the restaurant a little cool we were made most welcome with no hurry for us to leave. This is not the first visit we have had and we certainly will be returning.

• Visited January 2014