“Awesome local pub”

a room in the west end and Teuchters bar
Reserve with OpenTable
a room in the west end and Teuchters bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Cracking bar and separate bistro in the heart of Edinburgh's Georgian west end.Very popular with locals sampling local craft beers, malt whiskies and world wines. Everything is prepared freshly in the restaurant using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff will look after you. You'll be glad you found us and won't want to leave. Open for breakfast in the bar, lunch and dinner. Famous for watching the rugby!!
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our B&B recommended this place and it was right around corner, so we went and it was perfect. The bartenders were knowledgeable and friendly. Being beer drinkers, they helped us select several flights of Scotch. It was cool to see the traditional hand pumps for their local beers. We talked to a couple locals from the neighborhood and even a soldier stationed in Edinburgh. We didn't have a chance to eat there, but hopefully we will be back!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Menu has little choice and is, in the opinion of the friends I ate with, overpriced in comparison to similar on offer elsewhere.
Service was not up to standard, the chicken dish was dry and the tartlet starter more of an amuse bouche - ok maybe three mouthfuls. Go elsewhere

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had booked as a group and arrived early, but there was no problem. The Menu choices were taken efficiently and food arrived in good time. It was a very Scottish Menu, so for me difficult, but everyone else enjoyed their meal. Not expensive and the service was very good

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a most tasty meal, brought our own wine and thoroughly enjoyed our evening in a room in the west end. I would certainly return and service was excellent. The only reason i was one star short of top rating is because my husband didnt like being downstairs. I had no issue with that and liked the atmosphere both upstairs and downstairs. Very friendly staff, good menu choice and really good food

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went as part of a large booking of approx 18 people. We were given a set menu to chose from. We arrived at 7.30pm and did not get the starter until 8.20pm ( you would think they didn't know we were coming). The main took even longer but the strangest thing I've ever seen was the waitresses actually making the desserts at the small counter in front of us.
They were cutting the cheese into extremely small pieces, plating the cheesecake and preparing the other desserts. It was quite strange to watch, they had no plastic gloves on and I have to admit it made me feel a little queazy.
We asked twice for a bottle of water and it was only on the third attempt that we actually got one. The food itself was ok nothing special I would not say it was value for money and there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants in the area to choose from. The serves was very slow and I don't particularly want my food prepared by waiting staff. I don't think i would return lots of good places to go in the West End.

2  Thank RobD_AngieB