“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olive Branch Bistro

Olive Branch Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Branch Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,438 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: The Olive Branch Bistro offers a relaxed and affordable dining experience close to Edinburgh city centre. Located on bustling Broughton Street, our bistro is the ideal place to enjoy a relaxing brunch, lunch or dinner in the company of friends or family.Using the best local produce, we aim to provide inventive seasonal dishes with a Mediterranean feel, as well as classic comfort food. Pop in and see for yourself! Open from 12pm to 10 pm Monday to Thursday, 12pm to 10pm Friday and 10am to 10pm Saturday/ Sunday.
Belfast, N. Ireland
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Meal with sixteen colleagues on a Friday night - couldn't fault food, service or price. Starters average about £6 and mains about £14. Choice of two fish and a couple of lovely vegetarian options. Nice and reasonably priced wine choice too!

Visited June 2014

Birmingham
“Braw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Really delicious, well cooked and presented food. Friendly, unfussy service with no long waits. Amazing lamb with saffron potatoes, beef stew with mash...and cheesecake to die for. Wish I lived in Edinburgh....!

• Visited June 2014
“Kind employees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good food, kind employees and peaceful bistro in a nice corner. The service was a little bit slow but employees very kind always. The place is in a nice corner with great windows. Bottle of water with mint leafs and lemon. Nice detail.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a lovely lunch here with a group, great service and food. I stayed with menu and selected the scallop with cauliflower puree and black pudding and it was very tasty, tho for me the black pudding was a bit dry, my main was excellent, succulent red mullet and fresh pineapple salsa and 2 good sized pieces made this dish good value (£13.95) but the starter was quite pricey at £7.25, but they did offer a great value 2 course lunch deal for under a tenner.
Why restaurants always have to put the ladies downstairs? Narrow winding stairs down to ladies was a bit of a challenge for older hips! Also watch out for the salt cellar, I was wanting a tiny bit more salt on my fish and turned it up ready to 'grate', when salt poured out, thankfully I managed to scrape it off the fish and warn the rest at my table! The staff were friendly and very attentive, they were also very observant re. allergies and food needs, one of our group is ceoliac and they ensured her meal was kept wheat free, and due to my allergy with mushrooms, they kept the kitchen mushroom free, so we could relax and enjoy our food worry free.

“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a birthday meal with my two daughters on Friday night. Nice setting but the food was poor - my pasta was small (I ate again later), large chunks of hardly-grated parmesan on it. My older girl had an aubergine dish (lasagne-type) - greasy and badly presented and my younger girls said her red mullet was cold. The olives we got as a starter were in a warm, greasy oil and were not very pleasant - the chilli&garlic olives from M&S, which I have in my fridge right now, are head and shoulders above this offering.
We found one of the waiters surly.
We didn't bother with desert or coffee - we decamped to another venue.
Shame because I've had a nice meal there before.

• 2 of 5 bubbles