“First rate”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: All Bar One George Street, Edinburgh is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of Queen Street, High Street and Hanover Street, All Bar One George Street Edinburgh is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Edinburgh, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

had my birthday lunch thier, my intial booking was for 12, but due to last min RSVP it grew to 20 in total. They suggested I used the side room, and let me move some of the tables round. It did get quite busy and hectic at times with all of us there. Scott our waiter was incredibly patient, but all went well with the service, only one tiny glitch, but the staff sorted it out immediatly. Its not usually the sort of place for a birthday meal, but was convienient for the various directions people were coming from. And I must say it worked out really well. We were there for the best part of 6 hours, and we were not rushed or jollied along to get out. many thanks All Bar One

1  Thank Julia P

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited All Bar One about 3 weeks ago and I still can't stop thinking about their steak sandwich! Cocktails were great, service was amazing, and I couldn't believe how cheap it was considering it's amazing location! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

As it was a sunny day we sat at the tables outside on the pavement. It was 5-10 minutes later that a waiter appeared, only to tell us that we would have to go inside to the bar to order. One wonders why they can't take orders outside, and if this is really necessary can they not have a sign making it clear to customers that this is expected.

Service was slow: it was 45-50 minutes from sitting down at our table before our lunch appeared, though the drinks had been served promptly. The food was satisfactory but nothing special.

As it started to spit with rain, we went inside for dessert. Some staff there seemed indifferent and not familiar with the menu. Also, there was no air conditioning and it was uncomfortably warm inside. Again, dessert was nothing special but tasty enough.

1  Thank Lyndsey_13
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went in for lunch on my own and felt a little nervous, however I was served by Joanne who was very warm and friendly and made me feel welcome and relaxed. She gave me a great table and said it was reserved at 6.30 pm but that gave me 3 hours! She made sure I was okay and if I needed anything, just to ask. The waiter Avier was also really warm and friendly which was a pleasant change especially considering how busy they were. The service was superb as was the food and the wine. I tried one of their Discovery wines, Little Yering Shiraz Viognier which although was £5.65 for a standard glass, was well worth the money. I would definitely recommend All Bar One even if you are on your own as I was made very welcome and enjoyed my experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Took my Mother for lunch here and it's a nice, classy and spacious bar with a great friendly welcome. The young chap who served us was very helpful and made us feel very welcome and only too happy to advise on the menu. We both had burgers that were excellent with a little salad that was very tasty and chips that were a wee bit disappointing - I suggest they need to be made a bit more crunchy on the outside and more fluffy inside. Not cheap but excellent quality - the burgers and serving staff stand out. Recommended.