“My vocabulary is inadequate..”
Review of Far Pavilions - CLOSED

Far Pavilions
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I don't have the words to describe how good this meal was.
We went for the starter selection, a generous portion for two, which included the best onion bhaji I have ever had - seriously, they are usually a bit bland and need the dip but not these. We opted for the chicken and cashews in black spices and the Khandari pasanda, both of which were delicious and come with pilau rice included. However, the thing that totally blew us away was the peshwari naan. When we read the description which included the mention of cherry paste we were intrigued. When it arrived we were both left speechless, if you can imagine a cross between a bakewell tart and a naan then you can imagine what this tastes like, otherwise, you have got to try it, it was amazing. I considered asking them to make another one to take away to save for breakfast.
The service was very good and a minor misunderstanding with our order was handled professionally, efficiently and with a full apology.
If you live on the other side of town then this may seem a bit out of the way but it is seriously well worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This used to be our favourite Indian, unfortunately I think the chef left and was not replaced. The owner has twice overcharged our bill by approximately £8-9 . First time he did it he was very apologetic but bills are deliberately not itemised properly so unless you are regulars it is easy not to spot this.

There are better restaurants near by.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Haven't been for a while, but got to say I don't know what I have been missing the food was amazing will deffo be back again!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had not been here for a long time and decided to try last week. The food was absolutely fantastic! Service top class (that hasn't changed). Only niggle I had was they now lay paper napkins instead of linen ones, c'mon this and the food is what made you stand out from the rest, return the napkins lol.

Gary the owner was as welcoming as every, all in all I would give this a 10 out of 10 for everything (apart from the change in the napkins).

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I write to complain. We just ordered and came to collect. We ordered veg pakora, chicken tikka Marsala and chicken cashew with black spices.

The pakora were dry, tasteless and greasy. The Raita was I think mixed with mango? And the colour of the chilli sauce was worrying,

The mains were , well odd. The Marsala was filled with 7 , yes 7 bits of chicken, none of which resembled breast , the sauce can only be described as strange , but definatley not Marsala.

The chicken and black spices was even duller. Bland, not subtle, but bland , with whole un cooked pepper corns through out rendering the dish un edible .

The chips on the side were congealed together and when I tried to life them they came out together and were cold.

The nan bread was awful.

I have been eating from you guys for 10 years and I'm a Edinburgh local. Never again. I can see your struggling, curry pizza??? Come on guys.!!!

I write to you to say.. Come on. You can do better, we have an educated palette , we want to be amazed and a curry on a Saturday night needs to be of such quality that I would tell the world how good it was.

Tonight was terrible,