“Great city centre chip shop”
Review of Rapido Caffe

Rapido Caffe
Ranked #1,944 of 2,568 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I think this has to be the only chip shop in the whole city that sells other foods rather than the traditional fried selection which is admittedly delicious. In addition to hand cut fresh chips and marvellously sliced fillets of haddock, Rapido also offers a wide selection of cakes, ice creams, paninis, wraps, piadinas, delicious pizzas and pastas to mention but a few. To top it off, with a great bunch of friendly staff, they bake their own fresh bread for sale daily. Anytime I am on Broughton Street in Edinburgh feeling peckish, I will venture down to Rapido. You can even dine sitting in with a tea or coffee. Love this café and if anyone is looking for a chip shop with a little more to offer than the rest then this is where to go!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was very pleased to stumble on this place on my way home from a meeting.. from the outside it just looked like a chippy but when I got inside I was overwhelmed by choice and variety. I was greeted kindly by the staff on my arrival and was waited on hand and foot for the duration of my meal. was very impressed I will certainly be back again soon now I know where you guys are... thank you for a pleasant experience throughout

Trevor

Reviewed 5 February 2014

On our visit to Edinburgh we stopped off at this take away on the way back to our hotel.. Was very impressed with the food and the service. Will be back next time we are in town :)

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Delicious quality food!homemade chips!!! Very good pizza!!! Super fish supper! Staff really friendly very impressed!We gonna coming back!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Food undercooked, service terrible. chips were hard, raw potatoes.
Very bad service. No refund or apology. When I called they hung up on me.
won';t be back.