“Our first time at Rapido”
Review of Rapido Caffe

Rapido Caffe
Ranked #1,875 of 2,456 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Our first time at Rapido”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I can't speak highly enough about Rapido!
My friends and I ordered home delivery from here a few days ago. Were we in for a treat!
I ordered the spaghetti carbonara which was better than i've had in restaurants. The rich creamy sauce was divine and the smokiness of the bacon gave it that little something extra. My friends ordered a fish supper (which was quickly devoured) and a 16" three cheese and salami pizza. We all had a few slices and couldn't get enough of it. Definitely the best pizza in Edinburgh.
The order was delivered within fifteen minutes. The driver was polite, the food was piping hot and we were very happy customers!
I will most definitely be back, thanks guys!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect pasta!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

seriously, it was the best pasta which i have ever tried :) pretty good price and service. will definitely visit Rapido cafe again.

“Horrendous experience”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ordered food from rapido's online, it took the guy 45 minutes to deliver the food. He called to say he was outside but it was obvious that he wasn't, the buzzer hadn't gone and he didn't seem the know the door number or understand it when I said it. The man couldn't speak English and could only say "no, no, no English", he wouldn't understand that he was at the wrong address and refused to cooperate with what I was trying to say to him. I had to go outside and look for him but couldn't find him. I called the cafe itself and was told that they would contact him to see where he was. They called back and told me that he was outside and made me go outside to check again but he wasn't there. This took a further 45 minutes from when he first called. Eventually they managed to get him to go to the correct street and he finally found our door. By then, obviously the good was cold and pretty horrible. The service was unacceptable, we did not get an apology or a refund. We will not be ordering from here again!

1 Thank LolaD25
Edinburgh
“Great city centre chip shop”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I think this has to be the only chip shop in the whole city that sells other foods rather than the traditional fried selection which is admittedly delicious. In addition to hand cut fresh chips and marvellously sliced fillets of haddock, Rapido also offers a wide selection of cakes, ice creams, paninis, wraps, piadinas, delicious pizzas and pastas to mention but a few. To top it off, with a great bunch of friendly staff, they bake their own fresh bread for sale daily. Anytime I am on Broughton Street in Edinburgh feeling peckish, I will venture down to Rapido. You can even dine sitting in with a tea or coffee. Love this café and if anyone is looking for a chip shop with a little more to offer than the rest then this is where to go!

“Perfect pasta :)”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was very pleased to stumble on this place on my way home from a meeting.. from the outside it just looked like a chippy but when I got inside I was overwhelmed by choice and variety. I was greeted kindly by the staff on my arrival and was waited on hand and foot for the duration of my meal. was very impressed I will certainly be back again soon now I know where you guys are... thank you for a pleasant experience throughout

Trevor