“Delicious food & wine and a soul to match ”
Review of Ecco Vino

Ecco Vino
Ranked #400 of 2,851 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: We served the finest, freshest local seafood along side some of the best wines the planet has to offer. As well as food & wine, the restaurant is famous for its ambience, atmosphere and warm welcome and our love of food is only matched by our love of music. Blues, jazz folk, wherever the mood take us. Trains have been missed & plans have been changed as people who come in for a quick glass of wine often end up spending the rest of the night with us. Forget where your going at Ecco Vino. Ching-Ching!
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

This place is a contradiction but in a good way. The blues music takes me back to my university days in the south (GA). It's half enoteca/half bbq joint -MINUS THE BBQ! I had two fantastic tapas and chose my wine to match: Scallops with almonds, green pesto on a bed of arugula and black pudding with a ZA Chenin blanc and then ricotta meatballs with my new obsession -a Portuguese red.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Small, excellent menu with a choice of starter or main size portions on most things. The food was so good we visited twice. The sharing platters are particularly good and a very good cheese and wine selection.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Nice little bistro place we’ve been going to off and on for years. Down at the quiet end of Cockburn Street this long, narrow bar was busy-busy when we popped in on the off-chance of a table for two but, when we asked, a table with a reserved sign miraculously became available – I guess they were late and we were there!
This place hasn’t changed for years and I think this adds to its charm: the leather looks old and well-used, the wood is dark and the bottles of wine around the shelves have classy looking labels (no pictures!). So I don’t know if this place is pretentious or not but the food is good and the wine can be iffy (the white was cheugh, the red v.nice). Service was friendly, prompt and attentive. Dress is casual. We like this place and I can recommend it to you.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Unfortunately we didn't have time to eat here properly but I wish we had. It is beautiful with lovely, warm service. They had a lovely selection of wines by the glass which we enjoyed with some authentic and delicious olives.

The food on the tables around us looked exceptional - its definitely on the to do list for next time I'm in Edinburgh

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

A MUST

Quirky, quaint and very unique!! The service was prompt, friendly and very helpful.

The menu is limited BUT the choices are wonderful and there is something for all tastes. The wine menu is even better!

Reasonably priced and lovely for a relaxed atmosphere.

The only downside is the tables are small, however, really.....that is not anything that should put you off!!

Get there!! The place to be ;)